Hopeful-class

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Hopeful-class

Post by Lynee'alin »

JEDI should try to keep a kind of equality between members and non-members. From what I have seen, Hopefuls don't really benefit much from RPMod. In fact, they don't benefit at all (apart from accounts-system), they are kind of on their own.
My suggestion is simple: Add a Hopeful-class with exclusively aligned attributes or/and abilities for Hopefuls. In detail, I think we owe Hopefuls more of our mod, they should be able to benefit more from it, to be able to grasp a bit how the class-systems, the XP-gaining, the XP-points-distributing feels like.

A new Hopeful would get his/her own account with the simple rank "Hopeful", and a template, a Hopeful-template (so to say a second template next to the usual template which actual members have). This template would offer levels regarding attributes (Health, Force, Regen), as well as levels regarding Force Powers.

---

Before I further explain attributes and abilities, let me first suggest how the standard-Hopeful would be built up. A Hopeful is mostly a child, a kid who normally does not have any excessive physical training which grants him advanced levels of dexterity, strength or flexibilty. Thus, a Hopeful should have 50 HP. Since Hopefuls are Force-sensitive, but do not have very little to no training in actual Force philosophy/usage, their Force-pool should include no more than 10 FP (Force points). The regen time of FP should be standard BaseJKA (I think it's 200) or even slower. They should have, however, 100 shield, as I think the Order would hand them personal shield generators of the same quality as the other members. --- [Alright, Soh just said the HP and Shield values both need the same max., which means that it is 50 for both then]
This would be the new standard-Hopeful.

---

The XP-gain is quite simple and differs only little from the member's XP-gain: Hopefuls will receive exclusive Hopeful-classes (which could be perhaps also done by Padawans or Senior Padawans in order to check if they can teach properly/to practice teaching) in which they will be introduced into very basic Jedi Philosophy and Jedi Arts.

The attributes which could be gained would be Health, Force and Force regen.
A quick example how the attributes-area of the template could look like:
Health 1, 2, 3
Force 1, 2, 3
Regen 1, 2, 3

All levels would need XP-points (just like the usual member's template). Health 1 could give Hopefuls another +10 HP, for example. Force another 5 FP. Regen would obviously speed up the Force regen.

The abilities which could be gained would be Meditation, Mental practice and Physical Practice.
A quick example for the template:
Meditation 1, 2, 3
Mental Practice 1, 2, 3
Physical Practice 1, 2, 3

Levels would need XP-points. Meditation could somehow "prepare" the Hopeful for later Force Powers such as Sight, Heal Others and Force Melt. Physical practice for Saber Arts as well as Jump, Speed. Mental Practice for Protect, Heal, Slow. Push/Pull/Hold I don't know whether to add to Meditation or Mental Practice. In detail, I think if, let's say, a Hopeful has Meditation on 3, it would be somehow easier for him/her to learn Sight later-on then. For example by reduced XP-costs, such as Sight level 1 -3 XP to learn, Sight 2 -4 XP, and so on.

---

Although it might seem a bit overpowered or over-exaggerated. It is not, as those levels will only manipulate the later-on experience very little. But it still would be the Council's task to properly adjust the influence of, for example, Mental Practice 3 for the Initiate/Padawan-phase.
The whole thing sounds instable and sensitive, I agree. That's why it will probably need time to properly think it through.

One thing I'd like to add is that Hopefuls should not end their phase with every attribute and ability on level 2 or even 3. Instead, the XP-grant should be matched realistically with the XP-need for the levels of the abilities/attributes, so they can max. out only one ability or/and power, for example.

---

The purpose of the whole idea is to introduce Hopefuls to the mod and JEDI's system, as well as make them determined and excited, not outsidered.
And note that all the things I said here are just examples by me, they can be altered in any way. Right now, the basic idea is important, not the details.

And I am totally clueless if this is possible/hard/easy to code and include, the final 'go' is up to Soh.
Wesley Ryor
Lost One

Post by Wesley Ryor »

Well said. Sounds like a plan.
"Great men of action ... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are."
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

Aldia like :D

Well thought of! Now if it works, there should be some guideline of what lessons padawans and padawan seniors can teach :P

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Larkit's gonna love being able to train! But because he lacks in physical strength, compared to most other hopefuls, he probably should have a harder time, gaining physical strength, or even start with lesser HP.

Perhaps you could keep those skills, for the "real" template. I'm not really sure how, but more skills = more diversity = more fun (imho).
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Sounds very interesting, these are the ideas that brings a game to the top on my opinion, good work and keep going :wink:

You can't choose what is right

Indilia Von
Lost One

yeah

Post by Indilia Von »

it would be really fun with hopefull classes..and yes I agreed with you lynee about the hp/force. :)
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Kavar Starkiller
Lost One

Post by Kavar Starkiller »

Sounds like a good idea, and the 50/50/10 seems fair enough. Plus the secondary template is pretty interesting..A hopeful class would be good..
Tinthros Vos
Lost One

Post by Tinthros Vos »

and of coarse every hopefull replies :P would be interesting...besides force adepts are supposed to have some abilities anyway, like anakin could see things before they happened so he appeared to have quicker reflexes...and if you remember gym class in like 4th grade, their were kids who were faster then others....so yeah i like it. but i have doubts it can be done or will be done...eh maybe i'm just a sinic.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Actually, this is extremely easy to do. So easy, in fact, that *I* can do it :shock:

I believe this is a good idea, however the current rule put in place by the High Council is that accounts are created upon initiation.

I wouldn't be against changing that, however. It's up to the High Council, though.
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I have an account... That's a breach on the rule then.

Well, I hope it'll be approved by the council then.
Tinthros Vos
Lost One

Post by Tinthros Vos »

Larkit wrote:I have an account... That's a breach on the rule then.
same here
Raz Rear

Post by Raz Rear »

If my memory is right, same here...
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

From what I've experienced, official hopeful "rank" tends to fall flat. WAY back when in 2nd Age JEDI, we tried having an official tag for it, it eventually fizzed out due to the fact that no one updated things, and that it was extremely disorganized. Even attempting to have a number of hopefuls inducted as initiates seemed to always exclude someone on vacation or something to that effect.

I don't think anything needs to be done for the hopefuls at this point. Those who can, can create accounts for hopefuls when the situation arises. Implementing something in the mod for hopefuls seems somewhat overzealous and unnecessary, IMO.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Alk has a point regarding the successful implementation of the system, HOWEVER I think its a sweet idea. I know I tend to 'teach' some hopefulls and its a shame their templates dont benefit from it especially if the quality of the RP his high. As for 'what' should be taught, that really comes down to what the padawan has been taught, and how inquisitive they are. As soon as all the masters are around again I suggest each Paddy should ask questions like 'how would you teach x or Y ?' 1. You might learn something, and 2. You then have a better idea of how to facilitate the learning of others! BONUS!

Wookieepedia is pretty limited in quotations of actual teaching practice but there are plenty of sources out there if your keen to explore. Off the cuff I can reccomend the Clone Wars comic series (volumes 1-9) plenty of flashbacks to Jedi Learning... Also ask Gabe for some NJO references (mwahaha).

Remember, Younglings are the future...
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

This is sort of an interesting idea...yet I hesistate.

I think the fact remains that hopefuls aren't really in training yet, though they may be invited to participate at classes, in spars, or otherwise. My belief is that creating a whole class with hopeful-only skills is possibly a little much.

In addition, unlike Initiates or Padawans, it would be hard to monitor and control progress of all Hopefuls. Personally, I forsee complaints and possibly discrepancies. For example, those who did not get chances to progress in 'hopeful skills' may complain. I think it is simply best just to RP any progression of hopefuls, especially considering the frequency hopefuls coming and going.

So, I think there are myriad of other factors to consider first.

Though, if adjustments were made to those with no Jedi class (level zero), that would be appropriate, at least in my opinion.