Teaam say use

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Teaam say use

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I can't remember where I've seen this, maybe Lugurmod, but is it possible to make messagemode 2 (team say) a normal chat but readable only from those near to who speak? That would be a huge point for RP talking in my opinion... What do you think of it? And is it possible?

You can't choose what is right

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I have longed and longed for that to come around... I'd like that aswell.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Good suggestion, it would have to be an additional team say thing as often those of us with force bonds use the team say bond command...

Check out the loooong discussion started by aldia called 'Chat Ranges' I forget what the conclusion of that was... lol
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Admins can't do their job if they're far away from someone who's saying inappropriate things. Same conclusion was reached on Aldy's topic.

Don't be afraid to exert some effort to role play, good things don't come easy. It'd be like using a wheelchair when you can walk.
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

I still think that only admin should be the only ones who SEE all the chat, but the rest of the RPers don't have to.

Since admin are dependable to do their job and kick out any lamers or anyone inappropriate.

The rest of us don't have to deal with it and can just send a pm to an admin so it does not disrupt the RP.

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I totally agree with Aldia, I think that admin could be able to see all chats just logging into the mod as administrator.

Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

Soh Raun wrote:Though technically possible, I don't really want to implement this feature. I don't want admins only to be able to "hear" everything.
I have thought of something similar that would allow everyone to read all messages, but I don't know yet if I'll be able to make it, so I won't explain it for the moment :)
Soh's last post on the "Chat Ranges" topic.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Amen :)

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I'm glad that something might be in the works, since I agree...it's quite a recurring problem at the moment.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

The biggest problem is that when there are 24 people in the server, your eyes get mad at you reading...
Maybe there is another solution about the admin problem? I think we should not underestimate this problem...

Aldia

Post by Aldia »

That's what I was saying. And if there's a lamer, sometimes a Master isn't on. So it is the same thing as telling a an admin whether he is offline or on.

Is there any update of what Soh is actually doing about this?

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Maybe the Admins should be able to see all the chats in some kind of OOC channel? I'm just kinda thinking here... an OOC channel for Admins where they can see all the chats except maybe PMs or something like that... would that be possible/easy?

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

You could make a log, that admins could access when typing /logaccess [some number: Amount of chat messages to be viewed (1 being the newest only)] or something similar. And if someone's laming, bad RP or whatever the reason may be, the person nearby could tell the admin, to view the log and then he/she can decide whether it's ban/kick-able.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

You're overcomplicating it :)

See the original chat ranges topic.