Improved Chat Filter and other comments

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Improved Chat Filter and other comments

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I was testing some things in the mod this morning on the server, and I came across a few possible implementations.

For the chat filter that makes the chat fade:

Currently all comm messages are clearly visible (not faded). I think that the only ones that should be such to each player are those which are TO the player directly, or Broadcast/Public. Otherwise, comm messages should be faded appropriately based on distance. I don't really need to see what other people are talking about to each other.

For rphologram:

I find it odd how you can roll in hologram mode, yet not do many other movements. Currently, I think you can run, walk, and roll. Of course, a lot of actions can't be done (like jumping high). However, I think it would be neat if you could implement some other basic movements. Maybe cartwheels, small jumps (level 0 or 1 enabled), and/or backflips. I dont know what's possible, I just I think a wider variety of moves should be accessible from hologram,.

This isn't a comment on how the roll is buggy right now, as I know that's already been reported and fixed for the next version.

Rphelp:

I'm confused by why rphelp is always unavailable now, when it worked for the initial version of the mod. I think this is one of the most important things to add soon, because there are a lot of features in the mod which are not so clear to newcomers.

I hope this makes sense.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Okay, I just got corrected, there never was an rphelp, I was thinking of rpinfo. I still think it would be good to add rphelp, however.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine