[CONFIRMED] Knocked down saber coming back

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

[CONFIRMED] Knocked down saber coming back

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

I've come across this alot while playing. I dunno if it's a bug or not so I felt it was wise to post in OOC if I was unsure.

When I was having Aeon train against the droids, I noticed that when the droid would disarm Aeon when I would go to grab and ignite the saber it makes a motion like he was knocked by a strong blow even when the attack was 5 seconds behind. I've even spaced out the time between the disarm and the ignition even further and the problem still persists. Its like..disarm...long pause...grab lightsaber...turn it on...WHOA I GOT HIT BY A BUS!! Is there a way to disable that so that if it's disarmed you do not look like you were hit by The Incredible Hulk when you grab and turn on your saber 30 seconds later?

-Thanks
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Suggest move this to bug section of RP Mod.

I, however, like the feature.

Tarwacca
Location: Home World: Kashyyyk. New Home: JEDI Temple, Yavin IV

Post by Tarwacca »

I've had this happen to, I was in a Melee spar once, and I think it was Dermo, hit me with a grapple and I didn't fall until about 10 seconds AFTER the grapple was finished...
Skin Update September 10th/07
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I like the feature, as I think knocking your opponent's saber out of their grip should be rewarded more.
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

So you like the fact that if your saber is knocked out of your hand..you stand there for 10 minutes. Pick it up. Stand there for another 10 minutes. Turn it on and THEN have a super delayed reaction like you got bitch slapped in the face? How is that realistic? I dunno about you but if I drop something I don't stand there, look at it, pick it up, stare at it some more and THEN go, "Oh, I dropped this."

To me, that just doesn't make sense. I don't think you guys understand what I meant.

I'd get the saber knocked out of my hand. I'll pick it up. I'll stand there without it being turned on. Then when I turn it on it's like I got slapped by the long arm of the force.

It's backwards..

Disarm, THEN FEEL LIKE YOU GOT SMACKED, pick up your lightsaber and ignite.

NOT

Disarm, pick it up, turn it on, SLAP!

That's so backwards..

There, I think I've made my point more clearly.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

It would be much clearer if you weren't so upset over such a small matter.

Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

Oh...hm. I guess that did come off as a little livid now that I look at it, lol. Sorry about that. Multi-tasking isn't one of my prime attributes. Apologies. But does anyone else have that problem and is there a way to fix it?
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I have seen this problem before, not sure why it is happening. It's not a feature, so it's a bug. Or an "unexpected feature" if you like it :).

I'll try to find it and fix it.
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

Woot! You da man, Soh!