OJP/RPMOD MERGE? Please post your thoughts.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Miza Temar

OJP/RPMOD MERGE? Please post your thoughts.

Post by Miza Temar »

Do you guys feel that rpmod could benefit from OJP's Source Code in terms of stances and better blocking. Please list what you think should be added from OJP to RPMOD and why or if you think we should keep it the way it is then write that down here too.

Here is the list of features:

Better Blocking Detection
Movie Based Stances

RP like system (has to buy force powers, styles of saber, stances, Weapons, and Items in a bubble like template)

Skill System (you gradually get better at the saber the more you fight) (could be used in sparing) (gradually upgrades saber stats very very slowly based on each fight) (can be controlled through rank higher the rank the more skillpoints are earned through sparring Example: padawan vs jedi master, the skill point gain would be greater then if the padawan was fighting another padawan)

Saber system ( being able to fake attack, riposte, parry, Low cross saber lock, High front saber lock. includes a dodge meter mishap meter) (makes the game truer to a rp expirence) (your already rp sparring anyway)
(can be modified with the fake death thing from rp mod)

Stances: Includes all the star wars movie stance's by name.
Shi-cho
Makashi
Soresu
Ataru
Shien/Djem
Niman
Juyo

(can be completly retro fitted to work with RPMOD and it requires no plugin like JA+ and ultimatly is a suppiereor engine to use)

(In the event that the merge happened would you be happy with the situation and would you continue to play on the server please post your thoughts below.)

This is not a vote to sway the council. I am just curious to see what the majority of you think.

What the council does is up to them. :idea:
P't'ral

Post by P't'ral »

I said it before, I'll say it again:
Too much emphasis on mechanics destroys the role play.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

In my opinion it would be nice just to have improved saber hit detection (since it's not a new features, just a fix of the many passing throught hits without damage that are in basejka, if rpmod didn't fixed it yet) and some kind of blocking would be nice, but all made in a simple way, nothing like OJP or MBII blocking bar drainage, that takes you years just to understand how it works, and even when you've read it all you can't udnerstand it fully in game...

You can't choose what is right

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Blocking might be nice, but those stances are not great... and as P'tral said before, we have explenations for fast, medium and heavy stances.

IMO if you want great and fun spars, make the effort to RP them, take your time, dont just spam the game mechanics and have fun with the role play. RPmod has some nice features as students develop... Yesterday for example I sparred with Asphar alot, and while 1. I suck and 2. I need glasses and frequently dont wear them, we had fun because we didnt just go mad, we gave the spars time and room and there were plenty of blocking moments too...

I think if Soh feels like incorporating a blocking animation or code from OJP, he will do, for now I'm happy with what we gots.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

"There's nothing wrong with what we use now."
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Nivek wrote:"There's nothing wrong with what we use now."
I agree. I don't like all the technicalities apparently present in those extra stances. Just let me have my regular fighting abilities.
Tarwacca
Location: Home World: Kashyyyk. New Home: JEDI Temple, Yavin IV

Post by Tarwacca »

I'm with P't'ral. All of those updates might get to overwhelming. I think all we need right now is the ability to type and walk at the same time. Possibly some new stances, but not in the amount of work range you're talking about.
Skin Update September 10th/07
Jude Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Jude Alkorda »

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
That's Commodore Alkorda to you...
By Alkaiser Aruladan
Miza Temar

Post by Miza Temar »

Ok I feel this subject has run it's course.

If an admin can please lock this thread that would be most appreciated

thank you.
Ifean

Post by Ifean »

Why would you want stances for the saber combat styles when there already are? it is how you fight not the stance itself.. if ur just trying to use a stance to say you use Ataru (for example) then your cheating :P