Walk Talk / Patrol Path

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ctathos
Lost One

Walk Talk / Patrol Path

Post by Ctathos »

Corinth and I were talking today and an interesting idea came up.

We don't always stop to talk... so how come we have to in game?

I suggest a single command that is like a 'Auto-Run' button. Once pressed you move forward at a walking pace until another action is triggered (walk button, any direction, jump, or crouch).

Another idea was a patrol idea.

This would be a command that sets a personal start spot, then you activate it again for a stop spot. Then your character automatically begins moving between the two spots (good for lectures).

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

As previously indicated, I support this, if it is deemed possible.

8)
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Torrak

Post by Torrak »

Since I've been playing jka I can't tell you how bad I've wanted an auto walk button lol
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

and since the day I came to the JK community did I want to have the RPMod... I was told that I was crazy and that it is was impossible... Now it is..
This feature, which we all longed for, am sure, could be possible, somehow. Perhaps not now, but one day.. it'll be possible!

I look forward the new features that will make this mod the perfect mod... one mod, to rule them all!! :shock: erm... wrong movies...
Rane Zetu

Post by Rane Zetu »

Actually, there is a bind you can setup to toggle walk on and off. If you give me some time to research it and look it up I'm sure I can find it. No need to create a modifcation.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

+forward in the console moved you forward constantly. However, if you bind this, it does not.

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Rane Zetu wrote:Actually, there is a bind you can setup to toggle walk on and off. If you give me some time to research it and look it up I'm sure I can find it. No need to create a modifcation.
And as soon as you Chat, your character will stop.
Rane Zetu

Post by Rane Zetu »

/bind = toggle cl_run

That was the command I was thinking of. However, I realized upon re-reading Ctathos post, that he was thinking of something completely different. No idea how to do that. Sorry.
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Axem Keigoku wrote:[+Forward] would work, unless you chat; which is what Larkit was hinting toward. Being able to chat while moving is the suggestion he makes here. While it is something I'd appreciate, it was discussed before and put aside due to technical difficulties.

Neat, but not possible for the now.

¬ Axem
Just quoting Axem from his post in the thread I made.

And I fully support this idea, and would love to see it implemented.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Every time I play I wish I could do this, because I frequently talk in situations where I'm traveling through the temple with someone. Stopping every 30 seconds makes everything take far to long, and can be annoying when you have to stop and wait. It also makes the trip take much much longer than it should. If you guys can put together an auto-walk button, I'll love you forever.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Auto-move will be coming with RPMod 0.4.0. See the original thread by Larkit.

As for the patrol path idea, I think it's a bit too complicated. And ... are you so lazy? :P
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I can't type and change directions at the same time...

Alanya Sgall
Lost One

Post by Alanya Sgall »

Yes you can. Just bump your mouse in the desired direction.
Rash Loist for Jedi Master!
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

That doesn't work, typically the room is so small I'd have to constantly turn, no time to type then.

Tarwacca
Location: Home World: Kashyyyk. New Home: JEDI Temple, Yavin IV

Post by Tarwacca »

If the room is so small, don't walk when you type. We're talking large areas, like the Main Floor elevator to the door, or outside in the gardens.
Skin Update September 10th/07