Free Look

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ctathos
Lost One

Free Look

Post by Ctathos »

I was in a private session the other day and a student came in on me. As a character who sees only through the force, it would be natural to know who it was without looking. However, I had to look and see who it was before asking him or her to leave.

Would it be possible to integrate a free-look button? This would allow us to move the camera around the character (still attached) with the mouse while the button is held, without the character being moved at all. When the butotn is released the camera should snap back to the correct position. Not a 'free roam'.

Edit: I think it would be awesome if the 'free look' command was only available if level 2 or higher seeing is confirmed by the account. ((It doesn't need to be activated, but points must have been put towards it to at least level 2.))
Last edited by Ctathos on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galack Alastair
Lost One

Post by Galack Alastair »

I support this idea, as it looks pretty weird when someone is say, deep in meditation, and is still spinning around, looking around, seeing who all is around, things like that. Good thinking, Ctathos.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

I would support this idea if it was 200 degres foward and 170 pitch, moving the head, not just the camera.

Deffinitly something that I like, and thanks for a new idea!

¬ Axem
Zyrn
Lost One

Post by Zyrn »

I like this idea too. Just the controls cannot interfer with Dueling. though im sure they won't.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I have an idea... edited above.

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I then suggest that if level 2 seeing ISN'T acquired, you would then turn your head in the direction (like Axem said, I think). Or make two buttons: One that rotates and tilts your head, and one that doesn't (requires level 2 seeing), so that people without level 2, wouldn't be forced to spin around, to look in another direction.