Tweaks to Speed

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Tweaks to Speed

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Is there a way that we can disable the sound effects for enabling force speed? I don't see a need for it, and it can be distracting in spars.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Or disable all passive sound effects (speed, seeing, mind trick, absorb, protect) at lvl4+ on those forces.

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Ctathos wrote:Or disable all passive sound effects (speed, seeing, mind trick, absorb, protect) at lvl4+ on those forces.
I like that.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Ctathos wrote:Or disable all passive sound effects (speed, seeing, mind trick, absorb, protect) at lvl4+ on those forces.
Great idea.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
P't'ral

Post by P't'ral »

Evan's DIY Lesson:
//How to remove the sound from Force abilities:
  • 1) Open PakScape or WinRAR
    2) Open "assets0.pk3"
    3) Follow the folder directory through "sound/weapons/force"
    4) Rename a blank sound .wav file to the corresponding sound file (Example: "seeloop.wav")
    5) Replace the sound file with the blank sound file, which you have just renamed.
    • 5.1) -OR- if you have issue re-saving such a large file, recreate the folder pathway in a new PK3 file, and place the renamed blank sound file in that.
    6) Save assets0.pk3 (or overwriting PK3 file) to base folder

Note: This also works for the annoying chat "click" which can be found in assets0.pk3 under "sounds/player/talk.mp3".
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

P't'ral wrote:Evan's DIY Lesson:
//How to remove the sound from Force abilities:
  • 1) Open PakScape or WinRAR
    2) Open "assets0.pk3"
    3) Follow the folder directory through "sound/weapons/force"
    4) Rename a blank sound .wav file to the corresponding sound file (Example: "seeloop.wav")
    5) Replace the sound file with the blank sound file, which you have just renamed.
    • 5.1) -OR- if you have issue re-saving such a large file, recreate the folder pathway in a new PK3 file, and place the renamed blank sound file in that.
    6) Save assets0.pk3 (or overwriting PK3 file) to base folder

Note: This also works for the annoying chat "click" which can be found in assets0.pk3 under "sounds/player/talk.mp3".
Duh. We're talking about removing it through the mod for realistic purposes. : P
P't'ral

Post by P't'ral »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:Duh. We're talking about removing it through the mod for realistic purposes. : P
Just trying to save Soh some work.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

P't'ral wrote:
Corinth Alkorda wrote:Duh. We're talking about removing it through the mod for realistic purposes. : P
Just trying to save Soh some work.
Blasphemy. Soh needs more work, the lazy bum.

Right?
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Save Soh work and make EVERYONE else do it. I'm sure Soh wouldn't mind if he could save 100s of people from doing it manually later. Right?

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Ctathos wrote:Save Soh work and make EVERYONE else do it. I'm sure Soh wouldn't mind if he could save 100s of people from doing it manually later. Right?
Indeed, and after all the idea is very good

You can't choose what is right

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I liked the chat "click" sound, but it disappeared two months ago. Now I'm quite grateful it's not there anymore.

Great idea, by the way, although it can be done manually for each player. And if it's to be removed for only level 4+ users, then I doubt most would be able to do that.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

The most irritating thing is when someone mind trick you and you hear that sound, it sorts of FORCES you to know someone mind tricked you, and it's hard to ignore...
That's the main problem I've tasted actually, which is more important then speed sound probably.

You can't choose what is right