Pinging

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Larkit
Lost One

Pinging

Post by Larkit »

Not sure if this should go here, move it if it's not supposed to.

However, I'm been having an unexpectedly high ping recently (Yesterday it was around 300, today it's closing 400). I don't recall I've done anything, that could've caused this to happen, and it seems that I'm not the only one, suddenly pinging higher (I believe it was Jasek and Kel).

Anyways, just letting you know, and wondering if it's something server-side, or something I could prevent.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This doesn't seem to be server-related, since at the time of writing there are only 6 people connected, all with the same rate of 6000 (and that includes you), and some of them with really low pings (namely Kavar with a ping of 15, or Yon with 53).

Maybe it's just a temporary problem with your Internet provider? and make sure you don't have anything downloading in the background, like software updates, P2P programs or even a virus/trojan.
Kavar Starkiller
Lost One

Post by Kavar Starkiller »

Soh Raun wrote:namely Kavar with a ping of 15
Eheheheh. That's uh...why I love my country. My ping rocks. :wink:.

I was kind of having the same problem...I was getting a lot of freezes and such...Maybe it's just Thanksgiving. Or is it me..
Kyle Ivary
Lost One

Post by Kyle Ivary »

For me, Pinging is fine. :wink: Except when my comp has problems. oh well.....
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

The "ping-issue" is gone for me as well (a while ago), no need to post here, unless you're having a problem related to the topic.