[DONE] Limited skin list

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

[DONE] Limited skin list

Post by Aayla Vigil »

The amount of skins obviously doesn't let you see all the skins in the skin menu: HOWEVER, can it be fixed at least for the species menu?
By spanky's and female customization pack the amount of species is really larger, and I can't see anymore human default (both male and female) species, also Kel dorian and Rodian.

Can it be fixed increasing the amount of species shown?

You can't choose what is right

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

This would be handy, especially with so many of us wanting the species selection menu...
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Ok.. species limit increased to 64 (instead of 32) for RPMod 0.4.0. As a side effect it also increases the limit on the number of heads/torso/legs per species.

The regular skin limit is 256, is it really necessary to increase it? 256 seems a lot already.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I have 2 head skins, 14 boot skins, and 37 torsos (including no robe, robe, and hood). That totals for about 400 combinations, but only 53 skin files. 256 is plenty.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The 256 limit is for "classical" skins, not those in 3 parts. Those are limited to 64 species.

But after checking more precisely, the classical skins list stores ALL skin names (default, blue, red, but also any other you might have that's not even listed in the UI). Most models have at least 3 skins (default, blue and red), resulting in 256/3 = ~85 skins in the list. So eventually I'll filter out skins that don't appear in the UI, and increase the limit to 512.