Loading up JK3.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Arial Kast
Lost One

Loading up JK3.

Post by Arial Kast »

Last Night I rebooted my computer and installed JK3 again, aswell as downloading the skins/maps again. Aswell as that I installed the RPMod.

The one called Windows Installer(contains everything but the Music Pack)
I followed all the instructions.
Then downloaded the music pack and a few extras, put them in gamedata/rpmod. Then I click on ; JAMP with RPMod.

After that the loading screen comes up with the picture of loads of ::JEDI::. But after that it goes straight back to windows. I got told to unistall it and try it again. And the same thing keeps happening...
Can anyone help me?

"I just, knew I had to. Like, I was being told to."
Arial Kast

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Please list your Operating System and system specifications.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Did you patch JKA to version 1.01 ? this is absolutely necessary for all game mods like RPMod.

If patching was already done or doesn't help, the first thing to test is to remove all additional PK3s, i.e. in your Base folder only keep the ones beginning with "assets". Also remove your config file (jampconfig.cfg) from Base and RPMod, as well as any .dll file in there. They will be re-extracted / re-generated when you launch the game.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

::edit::

Problem solved. Always remember to update to 1.01 if your disc doesn't already include it ;-)
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Arial Kast
Lost One

Post by Arial Kast »

Ok, It's fixed. Thank you Corinth.

Arial Kast

Arial Kast
Lost One

Post by Arial Kast »

It seems I have another problem, and a few people I have asked don't know.

I load JAMP with RPMod. Click onto the ::JEDI:: server. It starts to load up and once it goes to Awaiting Gamestate... It cancels out my internet and goes back to the Desktop.

This happens everytime, accept sometimes the desktop goes fuzzy, zooms in, and changes colour. But if I restart my laptop it goes back to normal.

Problem is, I can't get onto ANY server. Again, can anyone help me out?

Arial Kast

Halen Crutch

Post by Halen Crutch »

Im pretty sure the zooming in and changing color means that your desktop resolution (screen size) isnt the same as your jka resolution. It happend to me because i had jka in 800x600 and my desktop at 1024x768. If you want to change it, go on jka go to setup and then switch the resolution to whatever your desktop resolution is and you shouldnt have that problem anymore.
Raltharon Damara
Location: Born on Kiffu, Residing in the Jedi Temple on Mon Calamari.

Post by Raltharon Damara »

Also try running your game in a window to see if a firewall or something like that is trying to stop you running it.
^^Click My Signature For My Skin^^
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Did you patch your game AFTER adding the mod? I've had problems with that before. I'd suggest reinstalling one more time, patching, THEN adding stuff.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Arial Kast wrote:It seems I have another problem, and a few people I have asked don't know.

I load JAMP with RPMod. Click onto the ::JEDI:: server. It starts to load up and once it goes to Awaiting Gamestate... It cancels out my internet and goes back to the Desktop.

This happens everytime, accept sometimes the desktop goes fuzzy, zooms in, and changes colour. But if I restart my laptop it goes back to normal.

Problem is, I can't get onto ANY server. Again, can anyone help me out?
This was posted in January folks, on a second note, since she's actually played the game a few hundred times since. You'd think the problem would've been resolved eh? :P
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Interesting edit, given that you originally wondered why she hadn't asked you about it when the error first occurred. I find it ironic that you observe a failing in others that you had also fallen prey to, Nivek :P
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Yeah, but after posting, I asked her why and she said she hadn't lol, I also wanted to know WHY she was talking about playing when she doesn't even have a disk to play WITH right now :? (However recalling this incident I do in fact remember sorting this issue out <_<)
Yes I did fall prey to it, but on the brightside, atleast I noticed lol More than can be said for others *cough* :P
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

In all fairness, blame the new guy. He's the one that replied first :P
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Aslyn wrote:In all fairness, blame the new guy. He's the one that replied first :P
Perceptive individuals would note that he has revived numerous 3-6 month old topics.