Stats

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Asrelia Mhy

Stats

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

Currently stats (HP, shields, Force energy) are based upon class. Guardians with 200 more stats (+100 HP, +100 shields), Sentinels with 150 (+50 HP, +50 shields, +50 Force energy), Consulars 100 (+100 Force energy).
I know that the maximum HP and shield values are connected, and you cannot alter them. However there are still major disparities between the classes.
Also I know that the Force energy regeneration is varied between the classes, but from what I've seen a Guardian can hold his own against a Consular.
I know Axem had some crazy spreadsheet that detailed powers, XP, levels, stats and all that, which I thought was overly complicated, especially since level progression, power availability and a few other things were already mapped out.

However I feel that a stat progression tied to level progression would be a bit more realistic. Coming in as a level 5 Sentinel, I already had my extra 150 stat points, which seemed odd, since my character has/had little control over the Force, nor is particularly vigorous.

So my suggestion is this, some basic formula for stat progression with leveling up (+# stats of HP/shields and/or Force energy per # levels gained [e.g.- +5 Force energy after 2 levels gained]).
Or perhaps the values can be custom, e.g.- Ryrek has gained 1 level, Master Soh feels that his saber training has increased his vitality, so Ryrek would gain +3HP/shields. However with JK/M level gains this would require some sort of consensus, or perhaps just council ruling, which would just be another task for the council.
So perhaps a third option, of exponential growth over number of levels attained, which would require more math skills and much more coding.

However I feel that the second option, of custom stat gains would be best, since not everyone expands their Force connection or become more vigorous at the same rate. I know I don't want my character to be at a beefy 150 HP.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I agree that the current system is a bit broken. I think that if a Guardian eventually has 250/250 stats, the stats should grow from a base 50/50 or something by each level gained, until it finally reaches the max.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I agree.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I like this idea, and the idea posted here.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I agree that the current system is a bit broken. I think that if a Guardian eventually has 250/250 stats, the stats should grow from a base 50/50 or something by each level gained, until it finally reaches the max.
A linear progression to the max would be easiest, I agree with this point.

Coren Ran
Lost One
Location: Rannon, Rannon System, Instrop Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Post by Coren Ran »

Question to ask, what IS the max limit anyways? Because if we at least know that, then coming up with a linear progression for it should be easy.
| mentor_xa'o.zalei | padawans_atrux.nuro/zekii.abrak/agitt.tanwa/rei.xaria/nico.keztor/jerex.sol/krei'dexx'onubi/wolo.tay |
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Why not just make everyones random. I think it would be more realistic that way. Randomise FP and HP, Not everyone is going to be the same at level 6 or level 10. Randomize the given FP and Hp for everyone and then randomize how much they level up each time. Or...when they are given XP for completeing a task or whatever, give them a grade:

A- 4xp
B- 3xp
C- 2xp
D- 1xp

Just a suggestion. I don't mean to step out of my place.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2