Holobooks/Datapads

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jared
Lost One

Holobooks/Datapads

Post by Jared »

Is it possible to create a low poly model for a datapad or holobook.

Something rectangular and shiny. The Holobooks in the archives on mon cal seem to be of a purple hue, so a simple purple object with shiny shader that can be 'Used' like the Cloaking generators or Bacta tanks.

In use, it will be dropped on any flat surface akin to saber drop.

This will faciliate people 'reading' a book or writing in their datapad.

This could also extend to being attack proof or something... It needn't have a new animation or anything.

I just thought it might clear up any ambiguity regarding the use of the archives etc. Right now alot of people think they can take a book out of the archives, well our ones are just data streams, so archives are accesed in journals or computers via the holonet, but in SW Canon, holobooks enable content download or removal from archives.

The blue things in the archives in the Jedi temple are holobooks...

Image removed due to it's size and Irrelevance - Jared

Also, my earlier suggestion about 'Holocron' objects...

I imagine these could work much like our RPholo projector function, but have a cuboid base. Would it be possible to have them project independantly of a character, for example, if Jared used a holocron, that say belonged to a random jedi he could type '/rpholocron jedi' and infront of him would drop a holocron with the rpholo projection effect of the jedi model?

I'm aware that both of these issues require some element of Modelling/skinning/shader work. I'd be willing to put in the time to 'build' the objects if I knew the coding were possible.
Last edited by Jared on Sun May 31, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

There is a datapad model in terms of mapping, perhaps that could be ported to serve the function you're describing.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

In Lugurmod it was (and probably is) possible to drop a small datapad, and it was used to represent money (for the payments between players), so I believe it could be done.

You can't choose what is right

Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

That sounds like a very good plan Jared. ::Gives a thumbs up::
Equei To

Post by Equei To »

Is this idea still being discussed or added?
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

A suggestion that's over a year old? No.
Equei To

Post by Equei To »

It was a good idea. Why'd it die?
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I like and support this idea.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I think necroposting is funny.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Necroposting is a punishment-style response to lazy or slow forum administrators.

*whip crack*
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Equei To

Post by Equei To »

Eh, I don't consider it that. Sort of a lose/lose situation. I chose the second of two options: Starting a thread with the same idea and it getting put down do to "This has already been suggested." Or revive an old thread with the same suggestion in attempt for it to be noticed, again. My apologies if this causes any inconvenience.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I'm all for reviving old threads when it's to bring back a good idea that was left in the dust. And I'm completely against deleting/locking/hiding old threads when they were perfectly valid - so it's not lazy administration, it's a choice.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Soh Raun wrote:I'm all for reviving old threads when it's to bring back a good idea that was left in the dust. And I'm completely against deleting/locking/hiding old threads when they were perfectly valid - so it's not lazy administration, it's a choice.
Apologies, it's sometimes hard to tell when someone is joking over the internet. :-P
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|