Pressing buttons from a distance

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Pressing buttons from a distance

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I don't know if this is technically possible, but I think it would be really cool if we could somehow open doors, hit switches, et cetera from a distance instead of hitting them manually. We can push objects with the Force that fly across a room, so I think it's entirely rational that we be able to manipulate switches also. There is a chance that this could be abused, but if we use it with maturity, I see no major problems with it.

Again, I don't know if this is at all possible, but I think it would be a great addition to the mod.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

There is a chance that this could be abused
There is indeed :wink:

It's not a bad idea though, if it were used sparingly (like sweets on the food pyramid).

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Xeuus

Post by Xeuus »

It could be good for in missions IMO look at Obi-one when he was dueling with Jango he did it. It would be cool but not really in the temple I think. I would like to see it (not that it really matters what I think), but if its possible or not.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

If anyone remembers the Nar Shadaa levels from JKO, remember that Kyle pushed a button while riding a garbage cart thing.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

That's very true. There would be some places where that would NOT be a good plan IE the bot room on the first floor.

Maybe if it was part of the levitation power ((which uses more controll then say push or pull)) But I love JKO can this be done HC?

-Yon Vash-
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I'm sure there is a proccess in map making where you can choose how a button operates, either by a player pushing the action button or by force push/pull. I'm not sure if you can assign multiple opening methods to one button though.

If it is possible then it would be good to do it this way. This would allow you to regulate which buttons you can actually use force push on and which you will have to resort to pressing normally.
Yon's example of the bot room would be a bad place to allow it.

Plus, you also have to consider everyone walking around hitting force push at doors all the time through laziness or trying to look "cool".
Plus, you're going to have the problem of us hopefulls flying all over the academy when standing nearby a door that a lazy Jedi wants to enter.

Basus Ororchi

Post by Basus Ororchi »

AFAIK it cant be done in the mod...

It can, however, be made in the map itself, and not to all buttons, but whichever you choose to leave like that.

Im not sure if in JA this happens, but in JO what you can force push, you cant use normally.

In my opinion, I prefer normal use buttons, rather than force push only buttons :P

"Things are like that!! Accept them!" -- Aros Jakari
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm You remind me of someone .............................................Someone............................
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I'm all for it. And let it be known that Dixo will be the first person to abuse this, pushing open every door he passes through. If it was a command not connected with push I think it would solve most of the problems. ::Uses the force to activate the door console:: + a possible command would be sweet.