Chat animation

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Chat animation

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Lately I noticed that with RPmod our characters gesticulate when you write something in chat, with a very high precision, because if you only open chat and write nothing it won't start the animation.

So I've been thinking, since JA has lip animations (when you "taunt" lips move as the sound comes out), is it possible to add lip animations to the chat animation? Possibly related also to lenght of text?

You can't choose what is right

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Some models, Like mine for example, have not been created with moving lips. However it would be quite interesting to see.

Would make characters look more alive. :)

Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

I agree good plan.
Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

/agree :)
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

I may be "misremembering", but I don't recall any of the "lip animations" going on during actual gameplay in SP. That being said, lip animations only function in a cut scene, which is comparatively different from gameplay.

If thats the case, it seems like it would be alot of work for something thats relatively inconsequential, that we've done without for quite some time.
Kyle Ivary
Lost One

Post by Kyle Ivary »

Indilia Krayren wrote:/agree :)
Same

RP Age: 17
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I see what Asrelia is saying.

If the effort required to make it work is more hassle than the actual result would be worth, then we won't kick a fuss up about it.

But if it's simple enough and doesn't take too much time, then every little helps when it comes to immersion.

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

What about if we could make the chat bubble disappear?
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

See this to see why we can't take out the chat bubble. :/ (at least... don't think so?)

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Actually, RPMod 0.4.0 will have a client-side command to disable the chat bubble graphic, just like you can currently disable the saber twirl animation.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Gasp! So it was just the differentiation between console and chat that couldn't be changed because it was coded into the .exe?

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Kavar Starkiller
Lost One

Post by Kavar Starkiller »

Le gasp!
Light cannot exist without shadow.
RP Age: 27
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Arikakon Genkal wrote:Gasp! So it was just the differentiation between console and chat that couldn't be changed because it was coded into the .exe?
Yes.

And to come back to the original topic, in MP the lips move automatically if a sound is played through the "voice" channel (like the taunt), but I think it should be possible to make them move randomly when speaking without too much work. The length of the animation would then be calculated from the length of the message. I'll look into it.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Awesome Soh :D

You can't choose what is right

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

<praise_soh> :D
</praise_soh>
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|