Offensive abilities

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Excellent suggestion for powers, but I thought the problem with RPmod/Mod making in JKA is that adding new powers is very difficult. Soh has utilized all the existing powers from MP/SP, rewritten them and stuff but adding completely new ones takes it to another level in difficulty ?

Anyways, I'd love to see all these suggestions gone through with if possible.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Considering that still not all powers have been enhanced/changed, it's not really the time to *add* new ones.
It should be possible to add powers but it's certainly a lot of work, and even though there are good ideas here and there, for the moment they'll have to wait a bit more :).
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Good stuff. Will you turn up damage for hold 5 with the next update ? If you could base damage on level and/or level of absorb that would be awesome. Probably lots more work, heh, but just a suggestion.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Ive been playing Jedi Outcast...And I noticed that if you are griping (holding) someone and throw the into a wall it kills them...Could that be a possible suggestion for this topic? Its not a new power....Its kinda harsh but you never know. This could be put into effect for the Force push and pull. Push or Pull someone into a wall and the get hurt :S Just a suggestion.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

In single player you can take storm troopers and bash them off of walls like play things. It's only harsh if they don't deserve it :roll: **Pftt** Storm troopers.

Good call!
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I've had this discussion with Corinth. While creating damage for higher levels would work, mainly push and pull doing "knocking" damage and grip/hold doing damage at higher levels and "knocking" damage, look what happens when the character gets to that damaging level. The abilities cannot be used safely in non-hostile/non-combat situations, and they're out a power.

Corinth has created himself binds that alter the level of certain powers so he can have a better RP effect when he uses them. But the binds are labor intensive because the console command to change powers is complicated and lengthy.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:I've had this discussion with Corinth. While creating damage for higher levels would work, mainly push and pull doing "knocking" damage and grip/hold doing damage at higher levels and "knocking" damage, look what happens when the character gets to that damaging level. The abilities cannot be used safely in non-hostile/non-combat situations, and they're out a power.

Corinth has created himself binds that alter the level of certain powers so he can have a better RP effect when he uses them. But the binds are labor intensive because the console command to change powers is complicated and lengthy.
It's not too bad, actually. If anyone wants to know how to bind a particular change to level look at the string listed for "forcepowers" under the command /clientinfo (looks like 7-1-542444-4-443144440, but with different numbers than mine). Change the power to what you want the alternate level to be, then bind a key to

Code: Select all

/set forcepowers [string]
for each template setting.

This is quite useful, as Alkur said. For example, Corinth has level 4 Storm, but it's not realistic for every attack to launch a huge fan of lighting, knocking the character back. So, I normally have it set to level 2, which is more of a direct attack, and looks much more realistic under normal circumstances. Then, say Corinth is fighting with Ergo, and Ergo is resisting the Storm attack. I hit the bound key, and increase the intensity of the attack, without having to disrupt the effect with my chatbox.

Fun fun fun.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:It's not too bad, actually. If anyone wants to know how to bind a particular change to level look at the string listed for "forcepowers" under the command /clientinfo (looks like 7-1-542444-4-443144440, but with different numbers than mine). Change the power to what you want the alternate level to be, then bind a key to

Code: Select all

/set forcepowers [string]
for each template setting.
"Not too bad" my eye! Thats almost as bad as calculus!
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

In my humble opinion, which I will add to Jamus' and Dixo's, Level 5 hold (grip) is in need of a massive offensive boost.

Yes... Using grip on our colleagues and comrades is bad, but in a situation where a dark force user had it, or where one was facing a dangerous foe and say, sucked with a lightsaber, it's currently drastically underpowered.

I don't know the reason that the higher levels are so low, after all you need to be a relatively high rp level to get them.

I have no idea if this is possible, but how about enhancing the level of the damage, and locking the highest level, granting it only to certain individuals
(eg: Dark Force users that may appear on missions, high ranking Consulars that everyone knows and loves...this sort of thing)...

Hold levels 1-3 are absolutely perfect but if we're saying that level 4 + is crush or grip, they aren't really representative of the base power.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS