Saber Throw

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Saber Throw

Post by Moza Ferorn »

I believe ive seen saber throw (not sure) but if there is saber throw with RPMod, then is there a way we can have the animations like the one in MB2 where its just a simple launch not a continuous throw?
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

To my understanding Soh is only utilizing base JKA coding, and a few snippets from stuff like OJP. Also I understand it that Soh isn't focusing much on aesthetics (animations, emotes, etc), but when they are involved, its for new features (such as blocking storm with a saber)

And to be honest, I haven't seen someone saber toss in a long time, I don't think that many people are spending XP on that.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Asrelia Mhy wrote:And to be honest, I haven't seen someone saber toss in a long time, I don't think that many people are spending XP on that.
I actually see people throw their saber pretty often in sparring, but I don't know how necessary a change in the animation would be. Also, I'm not too familiar with MB or MB2, is there an advantage to the straight-out throwing, apart from aesthetics?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Urm... What's wrong with saber throwing as it is? (( I mean from a technical point of view not throwing your means of defense at the risk of loosing it and leaving yourself open etc >.> ))
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Well the throw is just like pelting your saber at em...its not like levitating your saber out towards the person you attack.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Coren Ran
Lost One
Location: Rannon, Rannon System, Instrop Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Post by Coren Ran »

Asrelia Mhy wrote:And to be honest, I haven't seen someone saber toss in a long time, I don't think that many people are spending XP on that.
That was the last thing I've been taught by Xa'o... but I still see your point.
| mentor_xa'o.zalei | padawans_atrux.nuro/zekii.abrak/agitt.tanwa/rei.xaria/nico.keztor/jerex.sol/krei'dexx'onubi/wolo.tay |
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

gg

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Asrelia Mhy wrote: And to be honest, I haven't seen someone saber toss in a long time, I don't think that many people are spending XP on that.
It's because it's hardly as good as basejka and JA+ Saber Throw due to the player not being able to Push or Pull while using the power. Because of this and other factors, it's easily blocked. Let me give an example:

Back when Corinth came back, his template had level 5 Saber Throw unlocked. One day I saw him sparring Cyril, who at that time was recently initiated and had Saber Defense 0. (No points added to it at all.) Corinth used his maxed out saber throw against Cyril's Defense of 0, and sure enough it was blocked and the saber fell to the floor.

Yup. :P
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Re: gg

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Jamus Kevari wrote: Back when Corinth came back, his template had level 5 Saber Throw unlocked. One day I saw him sparring Cyril, who at that time was recently initiated and had Saber Defense 0. (No points added to it at all.) Corinth used his maxed out saber throw against Cyril's Defense of 0, and sure enough it was blocked and the saber fell to the floor.
Uh...yeah.

A good example (if it actually works that way, I wouldn't know), but you must have been thinking of someone else. I've never added saber throw to Corinth's abilities, not even level one. o_O

Good example though, I'd like to see it in action, heh.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Lol, you did before you got your established template. :P

But yeah, back on topic, saber throw needs some help.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Well with the version ive seen you can throw it with same amount of speed and force as a strong attack.