Weird problem.....

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Sha Tok

Weird problem.....

Post by Sha Tok »

There certain textures (ripples in the water, rbg lightsabers, and some others) that just come up as gray blocks. Anyone know how to fix this?

~Sha
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

Maybe you have too many maps in your base folder and they are interfering with another

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

I was going to say that to.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

Remove any new files you've put into your base between when you've previously played and now. For some reason JKA flips out and some files aren't compatible with each other and gameplay.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Have you put new skins, waepons, blood mods, or Mods like JA+? If so remove them.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Xeuus

Post by Xeuus »

I had this problem too. I uninstalled everything deleted the files I didn't need like maps and skins and re-installed. the sabers make sure you have downloaded them to the correct spot

Post by Sha Tok »

So, take a look here to see what I see-

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o18/ ... /Problems/

There's all the question marks, the rbg lightsabers are blocky (as well as the force menu, but didn't get any screens of that). All that makes me think it's a problem iwth RPMod and not JA. Any help?

~Sha
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

The saber blade reminds me of this mod.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Asrelia Mhy

Post by Asrelia Mhy »

From release information wrote:Otherwise: the mod MUST be loaded as soon as the game starts up, otherwise you WILL experience problems with localized strings (quotation marks or missing texts) and animations. To do this:

[...]

If you used the Windows Installer, launch the game with one of the shortcuts it created, on your desktop ("JAMP with RPMod") or in your Start Menu.

[...]

DON'T launch the game through programs such as the JKA CD Launcher or Xfire. But you can configure Xfire with "Extra command line parameters" for "Jedi Academy Multiplayer" in the "Games" tab of the Options. Just set it to +set fs_game rpmod
If you are to play on the JEDI server, you'll need to launch JKA via the RPMod shortcut that the installation provides. This will solve all your issues.
Sha Tok

Post by Sha Tok »

I started up throught the short cut, still have the same problem-

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o18/ ... ot0013.jpg
Onaleb

Post by Onaleb »

I've had this error before. It has something to do with shaders, I'm sure. Because when I deleted a specific shader, the error was gone.

As for the question marks, you have to start RPmod through the shortcut. The other error involves a shader.

Regards,
Onaleb

Sha Tok

Post by Sha Tok »

Do you know which file you deleted to get rid of the problem?
Onaleb

Post by Onaleb »

No, but I think it was the cause of two of the same shader. Dunno, I may be wrong. But that's how I fixed it. Check your shaders.

Sha Tok

Post by Sha Tok »

I have yet to find a solution.....any ideas?
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Remove all non base maps, test, then add the maps back one at a time.
Shader issues are usually caused my maps.

Alternatively, it could be a model issue. I have no known graphic conflicts, and I have everyone in Jedi, past and present, in my RPmod folder.

A good thing to do, to help keep a track of things, is to put JEDI related skins into RPmod folder (where RPmod caters for a higher number of them).

Other than this, there's nothing we can advise you to do, it's a case of trial and error.

The first thing you should do is remove any Maps you added in the last four weeks. This could be quicker than removing all of them.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS