Crazy Thought

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Iverian Prey

Crazy Thought

Post by Iverian Prey »

Alright, this might be dumb, but I want to be sure since I've seen so many other cool things that I would never think of being possible actively being done on JA here.

Is there anything that could be done to basically make this style possible in JA?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shien

It would require the lightsaber facing backwards, but making sweeps just like in medium (Yellow) style does on JA.

Possible, or am I just thinking way out of the box in crazy land? :p
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

It's entirely possible, yes.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Then who should I beg? :)
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I don't believe this is RPmod-relevant.

Lightsabers can be modded to be held "backhand". Jared Quell has a lightsaber in that style. I'm not certain of the stances. I'd imagine if it was set up for yellow/medium stance, you'd still hold it with both hands, which would make it look rather awkward. But then again my knowledge is limited. But I'm quite certain its lightsaber specific.
Raltharon Damara
Location: Born on Kiffu, Residing in the Jedi Temple on Mon Calamari.

Post by Raltharon Damara »

In my much editing of .sab files and model files (I love it when authors leave .md3 files in .pk3s. XD) I've made my fair share of back hand sabers. All you need to do is flip the model then if you want to use it on it's own, just tell the game to treat it as a saber staff, but if you want to use it with another saber (looks awesome) then just leave it as a single so that the game will let you dual wield. So yes, to get a saber back hand has nothing to do with the mod but believe me, it's possible.

In fact, have a screenshot showing it. CLICKIES!!!
^^Click My Signature For My Skin^^
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Or you could just set "saberstyle staff". It accomplishes the same thing without being a hassle :P

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Raltharon Damara

Thats never worked for me. I've always needed to do "twohanded 1" otherwise it still decides to so single... sigh...JA hates me.
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

...So I don't need to have any kind of manipulated files for this to work, just set these settings correctly?

(And I had no idea that this had already been done. -_-)
Raltharon Damara

No, you do need manipulated files. First, you need a model file in which the saber is facing the right way. (Or at least had the hand tag reversed) Secondly, you'll need to modify the .sab file to tell the game to treat it like a saber staff so that when swinging you aren't cutting yourself to pieces. It's really simple and really easy if you know how. If not it doesn't take to long to learn or you could ask someone here who does know to do it for you.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Raltharon is correct.

That's how I have my backhanded saber, and no, it's not RPmod relevant unless you were asking Soh to create a line of code that automatically flipped the saber and set it to staff stance, which while being rather cool would be
a: pointless, and b: a lot of work for him for little ROLE PLAY benefit.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Raltharon Damara

Also on a semi-related side note. For extra RP bonus, you could have a version of your saber the right way round and a version backhand and then use binds to switch between them in game. It's what I used to do on JA+. Don't know if this works on RPMod cos I think I remember reading that the saber is assigned to your account. Still it's an idea.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Raltharon Damara wrote:Don't know if this works on RPMod cos I think I remember reading that the saber is assigned to your account.
I don't know where you read that :P. The saber is not assigned to the account.
Raltharon Damara

In that case I'll shut up. ::Slaps hand:: Bad Ralth.
Shimi
Lost One

Post by Shimi »

Well this type of form of stance could get in depth more such as: 3ds max 9 can import .animation files, their is plenty of mod's out there has used custom "Punches and animations", once I get more in depth in my classes with 3ds max 9 I probably could spruce up some animations and play with them in JA.

But other than jabbering, it could be done.

Shimi
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Well, I don't know much of anything about editing files and so forth, but I would really appreciate if someone could either show exactly how, or do it for me. Hoping for my character go be a guardian, shien is a style I think I would really make him use often. :)