A Thought Regarding Temple Security

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

A Thought Regarding Temple Security

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Yup, it's me again. I apologise if the bombardment of suggestions is annoying, but since I do spend quite a bit of time on the server being on my own (waiting for other people to drop by), I occasionally have the odd thought that I feel I should share.

Anyway, I was looking around the Hall of Ceremonies, and naturally I noticed the blast doors. IC-wise, that's probably quite useful to RPing emergencies in the Temple, but it occurred to me - why not add a few more such features (like locking down the main Temple entrance leading into the gardens) and so on, through use of a lockdown switch in the Council Chambers?

As such, it would only be something a Master could activate, and doing so would essentially allow for some thorough RPing of security breaches etc. You could key them to the Blast Doors in the Hall of Ceremonies (hence, a secondary switch that remotely activates them) in addition to anything else put into place on the map.

Just seemed like something that the Temple would probably have (although knowing my luck, it already has such a feature!) in the event of an emergency. So I thought I'd make the suggestion.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

It is not a bad idea, although the rarity of emergencies may tend to make it rather excessive to spend time implementing such features.

However, the Masters CAN in fact lock the front door as well as several other facilities (such as the training room, I believe) by using the map's admin room.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

And already implemented.... in the unlikely event of an emergancy a huge alarm starts blaring and everyone runs around like headless chickens.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Jedi are peaceful. In the event of an emergency, the Younglings would probably taken to a secure area begin watched. Then Elder memebers of the Order would then most likely handle the situation.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

This feature is already there. RPmod allows the admins to lock any door they choose. You'll see the locked door as looking broken and unusable.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

To clarify things:
  • the front door of the Temple can be locked by a switch in a hidden admin room, accessible by /rptele or noclip (below the fountain in the hall). This is a *map* feature independant of RPMod, and is done by using secondary doors that look broken and unusable.
  • Currently, admins can't lock doors with a command, as Security Doors are defined in a file on the server.
  • In RPMod 0.4.0, this file is replaced with commands, so admins will be able to configure security doors dynamically.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure, so thought I'd say something :p