[NEW] Death After Saber Lock

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

[NEW] Death After Saber Lock

Post by Moza Ferorn »

While Kyle and I were sparring, our sabers locked. When I won the lock, Kyle was killed. He wasnt knocked down for ten seconds, but had to actually respawn and come back to the training room.
9:07:55 PM - =Kyle=Ivary=::JEDI:: was knocked down by =Moza=Ferorn=::JEDI::
9:07:57 PM - =Kyle=Ivary=::JEDI::: =Moza=Ferorn=::JEDI::, you killed me
This has never happened before...Nor have I ever gotten in to a saber lock with training sabers. I was using a training saber. In the screenie I se a katarn hilt. Maybe thats because I dont have the weapon pack? Someone told me he could of had a Full freq. I dont know.

Got any ideas?

Kyle Ivary
Lost One

Post by Kyle Ivary »

Just saying

When you kill yourself or die, and you have your saber in hand, it automaticly switches to katarn hilt
Happens to me all the time

But otherwise, yeah, i was killed after saber lock

RP Age: 17
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

I'm gonna say that's really really odd O_o Given that I've took the liberty of testing out this immortal-like feature so many times and have never had "Nivek has killed himself/died". HOWEVER, if you only go to shields out when you spar you don't even have to fall over >_>
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Well, I think the point is that that might have happened even had they been fighting to shields only, Nivek. It is quite an odd occurrance though, particularly when you consider the fact that saber locks happen all the time without such a thing being observed. Very odd indeed.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Definate bug there.

However, to answer your question about the saber pack, for about 2 weeks the link in the OOC section was to the old/outdated pack. This was due to a php renaming thingy (or something) and has since been fixed. So re-download the pack.

Regardless of frequency the only way to die in game is burning or drowning or being crushed to death when someone spawns inside you.

Download the weapon pack (both of you) and see if you get a saber lock with the training sabers.

Crazy stuff.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Oh? So the link was outdated....Alright Ill DL when I get a chance tonight.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru