Force Recharge in Air

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ctathos
Lost One

Force Recharge in Air

Post by Ctathos »

Subject says it all, I think the force should recharge whether you're touching the ground or not.

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Agreed.
Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

Jamus Kevari wrote:Agreed.
X2
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I disagree. When jumping in the air you're concentrating and using your Force energy. It doesn't make sense that you would be recovering it at the same time.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I disagree. When jumping in the air you're concentrating and using your Force energy. It doesn't make sense that you would be recovering it at the same time.
On the way up this is true.
On the way down however...

I'd say there was less force required to Fall than there is to Jump.

In the end I don't quite mind the verdict on this. It would be welcomed because, hey, everyone likes force points and since everyone got nerfed with the new Force and Health templates, force runs out fast!

However if this doesn't pass, I won't be fazed too much seeing as i'm getting used to how it is now.

Raltharon Damara
Location: Born on Kiffu, Residing in the Jedi Temple on Mon Calamari.

Post by Raltharon Damara »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I disagree. When jumping in the air you're concentrating and using your Force energy. It doesn't make sense that you would be recovering it at the same time.
I agree with Corinth here. The only people able to do this I think should be people using Ataru as they need to keep pulling off force-assisted acrobatics and will most likely drain it faster. Possibly add it as an account specific thing like species immunity to drowning.
^^Click My Signature For My Skin^^
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Raltharon Damara wrote:
I agree with Corinth here.
Happy with it as it is.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

You don't use the foce to continue in the air, just to jump.

Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Let's see you suvive a 50ft drop then without the Force lol, you would have to use it in some manor surely.
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Considering those jumps and landings I see from everyone, from time to time, they gotta be VERY concentrated throughout the whole jump.

I mean: Your joints and bones can't take those enormous jumps, if you don't focus on levitating yourself, all the way through the jumping.
Last edited by Larkit on Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

So you take a chunk of force points away when you land, but still recharge them in the air.

So you use a bunch to jump.
Gain a bunch in the air.
Use a bunch to land.

If you don't have enough for the land (based on an equation), you take the rest in damage.

Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Ctathos wrote:So you take a chunk of force points away when you land, but still recharge them in the air.

So you use a bunch to jump.
Gain a bunch in the air.
Use a bunch to land.

If you don't have enough for the land (based on an equation), you take the rest in damage.
Or just keep it how it is? :p
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

I think both opinions have merit, but the one question I ask is this: for most anyone who needs to be concerned about this, isn't the force regen generally high enough that it hardly makes a difference?

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Cyril Feraan wrote:I think both opinions have merit, but the one question I ask is this: for most anyone who needs to be concerned about this, isn't the force regen generally high enough that it hardly makes a difference?
Indeed. But I like to glitch myself to get stuck into the ceiling, and I run out of Force quite fast when I'm just stuck in the air.

Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

The only people able to do this I think should be people using Ataru
Rather then jacking up on (FP) training with application of Ataru theory would be even better, I was not that good when I started trying acrobatic attacks. Now I'm working on it often and getting much better. Force pool should not have a lot to do with it.

As for Glitches.... :roll: *he he*