Frozen Anims

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Frozen Anims

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I thought of this while watching the Last Samurai last night.

It is quite awesome how they are able to instantly freeze themselves when swinging those metal things of theirs, and I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow emulate that in JKA.

I know that in ja+, there was a glitch that when you pressed the use button, it would freeze your arms on the last frame of whatever animation they were in.

What I was thinking was to possibly create a command (bindable) that would freeze your arms or even entire body in whatever frame of an animation you are in. Releasing the button or pressing it again would then have your character complete the animation or perhaps a different key would have them revert to the default standing animation.

Just a thought that could make for some neat movement/actions within JKA.

It would also possibly be necessary to cause the blade of your lightsaber to revert to the default neutral damage when frozen in animation instead of continuing to deal out the amount of damage from whatever swing you were performing.

Just a thought process, can it work? Can it be different/better?
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Freezing arms would be good. Freezing whole body seems a little lame. I could see it being usable in feints, or pausing before delivering the final blow after 'solah' has been called out.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Having a button to revert would also be good if you kick when you're in the lake and you accidentally kick and your animations freeze.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I think it's a neat idea, maybe one day JKA will rival the other games for number of binds needed :) (in ETQW I have ethe entire left side of the keyboard, 5 mouse buttons, entire left side of the keyboard + shift button, and entire left side of keyboard + alt button, so, lots of binds lol).