Variable Lightning damages

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Variable Lightning damages

Post by Lynee'alin »

Lightning lvl3+ should have variable damages.
With bindable commands like /rplightning1 to /rplightning10 one would be able to set the intensity of damage.

/rplightning1 would for example deliver only 10% of the current damage, whereas /rplightning10 would deliver 100% of the current damage.
Obviously, with 100% more damage, the FP cost would raise equally, say 100% more FP burn than currently.
On the contrary, if only 10% of the current damage value is utilised, only 10% of the usual FP cost should occur.

Why Lvl3+? Because the damage of lvl1/2 isn't really worth to fiddle with as it's low anyway. Also, since lvl3 is supposed to portray pre-mastery (hence the lightning-arc) it would be only logical to have the caster not only control the spread of lightning, but also the intensity.
Besides, since it's seen as sadistic to use lvl3 lightning against students/youngsters, it would be logic for the caster to tone down the intensity of lightning in such a situation.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

I don't think lightning does enough damage to even bother going down to 10%. Perhaps a 50% and 100% would be more appropriate.

I think it's a good idea, I'd just personally never use it.