[DONE] Fall damage

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

[DONE] Fall damage

Post by Ergo Stomi »

This idea came to my while I was at work, and I'm not sure if its more a server setting or something that would be coded into the mod.

Currently, fall damage is set so that once you get level 4 jump, you no longer receive damage. So that even if you fall from the top of the map and land flat on your back, there is no damage. Is there a way to determine between landing on your feet, and landing on your back? Even the strongest of Masters would be hurt if they landed on their back after a couple of floors fall. This could make the Push/pull powers used more offensively and not just as an annoyance during a fight.

So, in short
Currently - fall damage up to level 4 jump and then any damage from falling disappears.

Suggestion - Discriminate between landing on feet and falling on your back. Level 4 jump still eliminates damage from landing on your feet from a distance, but you still receive damage if you land on your back.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Ctathos doesn't get hurt if he falls off the tallest building in Coruscant and lands on his head, something to do with god mode.

Wesley Ryor
Lost One

Post by Wesley Ryor »

Hahahaha.
"Great men of action ... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are."
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

That makes sense. Done in RPMod 0.4.0 (yes, it will be coming out one day).