[NEW] Blaster deflection

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

[NEW] Blaster deflection

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

When testing out the new special effects pk3 last night, Aknaross and I noticed that neither one of us could see ourselves blocking the blaster bolts (i.e. the animation for it). To clarify, while shooting at Aknaross, I could see the blaster deflection animation on him, but he couldn't see himself doing it. Conversely, I could not see the blaster block animation while he was shooting at me, but he could see the animation.

I'll try to reproduce this after a map change/server restart.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

This report is not related to the special effects package, but could be related to the weapon pack or the coding (found in the assets file). I know this for certainty based on contents of the effects PK3 :)
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I have never been able to see deflection animations on myself, may be due to a ping issue?

You can't choose what is right

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

I don't have this problem on my local RPMod server, and I remember people experiencing this problem with JA+ too (namely, Dymon/Ryrek).

But please keep trying to reproduce it and provide details about conditions in which it occurs.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

I can usually see deflection animations, even with my reverse grip saber which might indicate the issue is client side. Or I just have a strong imagination.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I've never seen them, either, and I don't have JA+.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Jared wrote:I can usually see deflection animations, even with my reverse grip saber which might indicate the issue is client side. Or I just have a strong imagination.
There is a variable in the saber files (.sab), I remember when I was over the weapons pack I'd add it to all the new hilts. The variable is called 'blocking', and I always set it to one. When this is set, anyone with the hilt will attempt to block all incoming fire (including near misses).
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I don't know what causes 'not view the blocking-animations'. Some mods simulates it just like in SP. Anyway, this issue might be related with several mods installed (situation here), or many features, models, vehicles installed that might cause that "bug" if isn' related also with configuration on RP Mod.

We could try re-install the JK3 and add just RP Mod.. First without the features off effects, musics, models and vehicles, then next with it, and see what causes this 'not view the blocking-animations'. (I need a name for this issue, or should I call it Blaster Deflection?)

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Aknaross Myotis wrote:Anyway, this issue might be related with several mods installed (situation here), or many features, models, vehicles installed that might cause that "bug" if isn' related also with configuration on RP Mod.
My JKA installation only includes RPMod, the repository skins, hopeful skins, and JEDI resources.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Although it's probably global, I'll just mention that this is the same for me. I see others blocking anims, but not my own.
Phoe Nhix
Lost One

Post by Phoe Nhix »

Same for me, I don't see them.
"Faith is not proven, it is tested. Believers do not need proofs but tests."

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

I don't see my blocking animations any more... odd.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

I have never been able to see deflection animations on myself

Me too.
((Since new releases))