Saber Throw

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Saber Throw

Post by Jamus Kevari »

After playing through single player a bit, I noticed that when you have access to level 3 Saber Throw, the saber spins rapidly in the air, causing much damage to any target it hits. I thought perhaps that along with having an extra duration time, Saber Throw levels 4 and 5 could incorporate this.
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Cool new animation would be sweet. Instead of the saber going diagonal, it could go vertical like in Episode 3 :)
RP Age: 14
Ashok Landos

Post by Ashok Landos »

i would like a saber throw add something nw
Lyra Kestren

Post by Lyra Kestren »

Does anyone here utilize the custom saber line returnDamage 1?

When it's enabled, the saber, when thrown, spins going forward and while returning. This effect could possibly be added to the Levels 4 and 5 somehow without having to add it to .sab files.

Just a thought.
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

going diagonal
Means less dammage and tagret ground slashed on the current angle it's best for taking out turrets and other things of that nature HOWEVER it wold be nice if you could choose..
Norru Balnam

Post by Norru Balnam »

Maybe it could be a good idea to implement something i've seen in the MovieBattle2 Mod. It's possible there to throw your saber away. Right: you throw it away, vertically. This means you are unarmed, but you can recall your saber like you do if you lose it. This way you could throw your saber without using forcepower, but you have to accept the consequences.
Updated on 09/27/08 - my Skin: >>DOWNLOAD<<

RP Age: 21
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Why would anyone want to throw away their saber? But anyway, we already have a mechanism for that: it's \rpdropsaber
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

You can already do that, just throw it and turn it off. or /rpdropsaber.

::Edit::
Sorry, aslyn and I posted at the same time. :oops:
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Norru Balnam

Post by Norru Balnam »

Well it is ment as an attack. The saber is still turned on and can hurt someone. I don't know, maybe you are on a mission and an enemy is running away and you are out of force. So, you can try to catch him on this way. Well, it was just a suggestion.
Updated on 09/27/08 - my Skin: >>DOWNLOAD<<

RP Age: 21
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

::picks up a brick and throws it at the assailant::

- the force mana pool is a game mechanic. If you were on a mission and you 'ran out of force' - or rather you got tired - and you had to catch the bad guy, lobbing an ignited beam of superheated magnetised plasma at him isn't really going to 'catch him', it's going to take someone's eye out.

You run after him or comm the cops.

I would rather see something like the ability to throw your saber while using another ability, eg hold, but at a MASSIVE force cost.

The only other way I can see saber throw being improved from what it is already, would require animations. As yet, no one in JEDI can do this or is prepared to do this.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Esillias Kahn

Post by Esillias Kahn »

Running out of force would mean being tired and unable to focus your force abilities. So throwing a lightsaber at your opponent while trying to keep it ignited would take concetration (focus)upon the force to keep the ignite button down while it is in flight.

If your out of force, you woudnt be able to do that, it would be like throwing your lightsaber at his head like its a brick, for you would be unable to keep it ignited, and then it is a dumb action seeing a lightsaber is a Jedi's main defense.

In my opinion, throwing your lightsaber is a action only done in rare cases when its a last resort, and even then id prefer not too do it. You cant catch every bad guy, sometimes you have to just admit you lost him.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Running out of force would mean being tired and unable to focus your force abilities. So throwing a lightsaber at your opponent while trying to keep it ignited would take concetration (focus)upon the force to keep the ignite button down while it is in flight.
Unless you're smart, and built a lock-on switch to counteract the deadman component that most lightsaber have. Then it's not difficult at all.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Jared and aslyn make decent points. at the very least you could just tape it down :P. But in general, a lot of the animations seem pretty dull, even the standing one...a bit more diversity would be nice, if at all possible. and the falling animation after you force jump, I despise :evil: but that was off topic, sorry. Could you make lower level saber throw more unstable, like have it get away from them sometimes? considering they're just begginers it seems possible to me. But I just be a hopeful. :wink:
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Esillias Kahn

Post by Esillias Kahn »

Aslyn wrote:
Unless you're smart, and built a lock-on switch to counteract the deadman component that most lightsaber have. Then it's not difficult at all.
Then come the next part, guiding that saber to the person you threw it at, incase you need to adjust aim. And again you need the force for that.

But im one one side of this, i believe that no jedi would throw his lightsaber at an opponent anywhere in the movies or such, seeing that losing that lightsaber or even not having it for a few seconds puts you in danger of being gunned down by even the lowest thug.

Also remember that a Jedi is a peacefull person, yeah they war(clone wars)but overall, they avoid killing people unless it is absolutely needed. Killing a man thats fleeing away would be a dishounarable and non Jedi act.

In other words, a Jedi would need to aim such an action to only disable his opponents ability to run, in this case he might attack the fleeing mans legs with this throw.

Im just making some basic observation here, and sure throwing your lightsaber is a valid option at times, but i do believe the intension behind the throw should be non lethal seeing we are Jedi.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

::hurls lightsaber at someone while they run away::

-or-

::pulls the person back using the Force::

hm....