File error(s)

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Xaran Varc

File error(s)

Post by Xaran Varc »

Recently I have received the following message when joining the server and then opening up my console:

At first the "base/JEDI_NPCs.pk3" and "base/JEDI_weaponpack.pk3" were missing. But after redownloading the updated versions, they were removed from the above shown list. I have already tried to redownload the "Gabe.pk3" but it still shows up. I don't know where to get the other files though.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

They look like skin files, not music/weapon files.
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Saber files. The new weapons were released. When i connect, Ill check it out.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

These are only warnings, not critical errors. You can safely ignore all of them.

For more precision:
  • rpmod/RPMod-Server.pk3: RPMod server assets, containing only a subset of the RPMod Client Assets needed by the server. Nobody needs it.
  • base/Rwook.pk3: wookiee NPCs I think
  • base/Gabe.pk3, Alkorda.pk3, (258.01).pk3: bug from the Q3/JKA engine. The pk3 name is "Gabe Alkorda (258.01).pk3" and I wonder what all these skins (because it's not alone) are doing on a server. Yeah Gabe, you uploaded all this for nothing, the server doesn't care about skins :D
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

To use custom skins for npcs, it does... Or at least it didnt work without them and it does work with them. So... THERE!

::waits patiently to be told he's wrong::
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Yup, you're wrong :P
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Actually, Gabe is right. Uploading the skins to the server allows us to "skin" an NPC with a skin, so that it is universally seen, even by those who don't have the particular skin.

I believe.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Turns out I should be wrong, but I'm right because of a bug, so I'll be wrong as soon as the next RPMod update comes out.

Bottom line: Eat your veggies.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

*chuckles*

All good. And don't worry, Master Corinth - just messing with Master Gabe there.