Guardian Force Point Progression

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Guardian Force Point Progression

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I as well as others have noticed that with the "progression" system we have in place increases one's health points as well as Force points upon leveling up (the amount of HP and FP given based on one's class), however a Guardian's Force points are capped at 100 upon Level 15, unlike the Sentinel and Consular classes, in which both health and Force mana increase until the maximum Level 25.

I understand that the reasoning behind this is that perhaps health is more useful than Force, but I find this a bit unrealistic and unfair. Upon Level 21, Guardians have access to all level 4 powers (excluding Cloak) and therefore show a (potential) progression in Force usage. One would also assume the Jedi would have better "concentration" as well, in the form of more FP.

Even though Consulars focus more on Force abilities, their health continues to scale. Why should it not be the same with Guardians involving Force mana?
Last edited by Jamus Kevari on Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Amen Jamus, I completely agree.

And... uh.. yeah, I agree.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

The one that bothers me is the regen time for the powers, Guardian rate is fine, Consular rate it fine, but after like lvl 15 Sentinel AND Consular have 1ms? And We're stuck on 50ms? Sentinel should have 25 -.-

/rpsupport Jamus
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I agree to an extent, but let's not massively overbalance the Guardian class so it's fairly pointless being Consular or Sentinel. You guys get the major perk of massive HP/Shield. The way I'd compromise is say either have a fairly decent (but substandard to Consular) regen as you level, or cap the regen rate as it is, but boost the number of FP's you can draw upon. Doing both unbalances the class.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Nivek wrote:The one that bothers me is the regen time for the powers, Guardian rate is fine, Consular rate it fine, but after like lvl 15 Sentinel AND Consular have 1ms? And We're stuck on 50ms? Sentinel should have 25 -.-
This difference is purely theoretical: the game server runs at 20 FPS, i.e. 50 ms per frame. So in practice, there is absolutely no difference between 1 ms Force regen time and 50 ms, as both mean 1 server frame.

As for Jamus' suggestion, as Aslyn said Guardians already get both an HP and shields boost (they can't be separated for technical reasons), so increasing their FP too would really make this class too powerful, in my opinion.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Soh Raun wrote:
Guardians already get both an HP and shields boost
The other two classes also receive this.

Level 25 Guardian: 250/250 health, 100 Force.

Level 25 Sentinel: 200/200 health, 200 Force.

The difference in HP is no more than one or two good hits from a saber. I would say the extra Force points make a much more powerful Jedi.

Also, the Guardians still shouldn't have a load of Force points, just the maximum cap set at 150 is all I'm suggesting.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Sure, make it take until level 25 to get 100 FP for Guardians.

Don't want to be limited to 100 FP? Don't choose Guardian.

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Dude, seriously? One or two hits? Do you know how many spars are won because you have one or two left in you? Seriously, if you don't think it makes a difference, you're sparring Master Loist way too much, and need to find someone else to play with :P
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Fine fine, I'll concede under the terms that I receive a nice gift basket.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Sure thing, dude. Yours will include bandages, painkillers and an bottle of anti-coagulants. You know, the sorta stuff you use on a daily basis.
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

>_> Lets not forget that the abilities guardians get at high levels make them utterly, invincible when all combined.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

What the heck are you talking about, Kenta?
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Ctathos wrote:Sure, make it take until level 25 to get 100 FP for Guardians.

Don't want to be limited to 100 FP? Don't choose Guardian.
Thats hardly fair.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

I'm talking about with the three force powers if focused on, Protect, Absorb, Heal, a guardian, is INVINCIBLE, not in that they take no damage, rather they take so little damage, shrug off all offensive force powers heal or regenerate what was lost, then proceed to continue walking toward the opponent and through all attacks.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Yes, but require a fairly decent-sized FP pool to maintain, which is where Guardians are limited in this regard. That noted, Sentinels and Consulars can do that, too - hell, that's one of the main advantages of the Jedi Consular at the higher levels.