Origin of your Name.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Raltharon Damara
Location: Born on Kiffu, Residing in the Jedi Temple on Mon Calamari.

Origin of your Name.

Post by Raltharon Damara »

I was sitting on a little grassy verge at college today watching the traffic go past and talking to my friends when suddenly, a van went past with "NIVEK" written on the side. After a few moments of "Wait... what?" I started thinking, did Niveks name come from a van? So heres a place to post the story behind your name, assuming you have one. I'll start with mine.

I came up with Raltharon ages ago and was absolutely gobsmacked when I heard it mentioned in JA. As for the Damara part, I always played as the character Damarus whenever I played Unreal Tournament 2003 and liked the name, it just needed some tweaking.
^^Click My Signature For My Skin^^
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Cyril is Greek in origin. I liked the name and I was looking for an old, classical name for my character that could pass as a SW name. As my chosen species had little representation in canon, I had great freedoms with this.

Feraan...of my own invention..or perhaps it was from a name generator.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

One of my favorite singers was the man in black Johnny Cash, Jon Cash, Yon Vash makes sense right? :lol:
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Syrena was created from the mythological creature 'siren', the bird women who used their song to lure men to their deaths. As a reminder, her name is said sounding the same way. Siren-uh. With her pheromones, I thought it was a bit appropriate. As for her last name, some of you know I have a character I used before I joined JEDI, Darth Azatha, who is related to Syrena. Her last name, her name before she got her Sith name, was Exan. Exanimate comes from the word exanimate, meaning inanimate, lifeless, spiritless, or disheartened. Azatha's Sith name was derived from Athazaphobia: the fear of being left alone and forgotten.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Jude Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Jude Alkorda »

Jude because , I like the song Hey Jude a lot,

Alkorda, I dunno, I just made it up, it sounded good, I had no idea there were two other guys with it.
That's Commodore Alkorda to you...
By Alkaiser Aruladan
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Jamus Kevari was a completely custom invention of my own mind.
Kel-Sor-Adu

Post by Kel-Sor-Adu »

Well I looked at other Cerean names like Ki-Adi-Mundi and just made up three random words that fitted the Cerean sound and sounded good together.

Then other people stole my name.... Del, Tel even Kael is to close to Kel for my liking..... :evil:
| Age: 18 | Race: Cerean | Height: 1.9 metres | Weight: 80kg | Body Fat: 8% |
Skin: http://files.filefront.com/Davropk3/;90 ... einfo.html
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Ctathos Ederoi, properly placed, is Ederoia'Ctathos. Meaning Angel of Chaos.

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Alkur Tekeil is a "custom" name based on Adarian name structure, though the "Alk" part is obviously a derivative from Alkaiser Aruladan.

Alkaiser Aruladan came from two things- Alkaiser is the name of the super hero alter ego of Red, a character from Saga Frontier for PlayStation. Aruladan was a name I used for my Warrior on Diablo for Battle.net.

And now the magic is gone...
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Yrael was a name picked from Life. Meaning "Enjoying Life to much to see it destroyed" and Grekkis was just a slur of the tounge I liked :)
RP Age: 14
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Ctathos wrote:Ctathos Ederoi, properly placed, is Ederoia'Ctathos. Meaning Angel of Chaos.
...That wouldn't be something from H.P. Lovecraft, would it? O_o

Arik's name came from 2 EU characters

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Atrux is latin for grim....i dont know what nuro means....fien-and-harp is the basic lorrdian name structure so yeah...
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Gabe is my RL name. Alkorda I stole from Corinth. When I created Jude's char (back when he was just a char in my journal, when Jude was Hal), I called him Jude because i like the name plus i like "Hey Jude". Judas became Gabe's middle name after the fact. It's also a bit ironic now that I think of it... Judas the betrayer.. .Gabe betrayed the Jedi... hmmm...
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Evil!!! (( EDIT : No more of this kind of messages. ))
RP Age: 14
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Ok, Simus because I was looking at Star Wars names on Wikipedia and came across Simus. It reminded me of reading Lord of the Flies in 10th grade, and a cute girl in the class told me that I looked how she pictured the character Simon to look. I almost just took the name Simon, but thought that Simus sounded more sci-fi.

Then I wanted a name that rolled off the tongue. I randomly thought of Cnydaria and thought Simus Cnydaria flowed. For the record, Cnidaria is an animal phylum that includes sea creatures such as jelly fish and cubozoans.

http://www.answers.com/topic/cubozoa-bo ... cal-family

Float like a butterfly, sting like a cubozoan :)