Post by Vira Lavi »

Vira= Ira - v = Hebrew for Watchful
Lavia= Hebrew for Lion
thats how my name is.
Female Echani Hopeful
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

First name, Delmi, was a name suggest by Z'phos and I liked, so I kept it. The last name, N'jork, is something I made up.

Just a funny comment, each time I see the name Xa'o Zalei, I laugh (no offense of course). In Mandarin Chinese this would mean "a small encompassing lamb."
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Elsavira Zanshin

Post by Elsavira Zanshin »

-
Last edited by Elsavira Zanshin on Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Well, my name is reltively made up lol. I wanted to make a char and the name Ametha came to my mind first...Whereas Tasia is a name of a royal family(long gone) that founded naboo. So I guessed why not put it to good use...I mean its like 3000 years later hehe.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

Well, I thought my name was made up but apparently not :p

Out of a strange coincidence, I was going for Li Andru to be a beautiful character with a passionate sense of character. I randomly thought up Li Andru, but the name actually means:

Li
From Chinese: "beautiful" (usually only feminine).
And Andru I have no idea. Seemed catchy.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Li Andru wrote: Li
Being someone who speaks 2 kinds of Chinese, I have never heard the word "Li" to be used as beauty or beautiful. Usually it's "美" or "Mei," but I suppose it could be from some odd dialect. Cool name though ^_^
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Kono Qalos

Post by Kono Qalos »

Delmi wrote:
Li Andru wrote: Li
Being someone who speaks 2 kinds of Chinese, I have never heard the word "Li" to be used as beauty or beautiful. Usually it's "美" or "Mei," but I suppose it could be from some odd dialect. Cool name though ^_^
I believe the name possibly represents the word beautiful. It may not literally mean beautiful.
Signature by Corinth Alkorda
May the force be with you.
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

The point is! Lol. Sheer dumb luck brought me the name Li Andru. Just stating that it could *possibly* mean beautiful ;)
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Well Zeltrons are supposed to be exotic, and I started along those lines to think of a name. I went through some nifty words that would sound intriguing and eye-catching as a name, and ended up settling on Jazz. Then, I went to Wookie and used the Zeltron names list to make it Jhas (more star-wars-ey). My original intent was to make Jazz a shortening of a longer name, but it didn't really work out that way.

Dawn is simple. For last names in Star Wars I do times of day, usually compound words, but this time I decided to shorten it. People may have noticed that I started with Nightfall, then I went to Starlight. Starlight isn't really a time of day, but it's close enough and nifty. Then Dawn, as I'd done Nightfall and 'Jhas Sunrise' didn't flow very well (double s).

All in all it took me 4 days to think of a name. :shock:
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I was quite sure I've placed the origin of mine here, but not finding show here we go again.

Akna - Totally made up, sounded nice to me

Ross - curious sound on portuguese, that means absolutatly nothing for us, except the reference of the character of Friends series. Probably I took Ross instead of Joey because of the sound summed with prefix. (Aknajoey?! Aknadler/Aknachandler :shock: )

Myotis - Species of Bat; first time I saw the name was on Batman Begins Score (Myotis), and it is all named with bat species. Took Myotis because of how it sounded to me. MYOTIS - Wiki

Aknaross Myotis - was my char on previous RP clan. He was initially human from some specific characteristics, natural from Ord Mantell.

Then I joined a table top RP game on forum, and with the aid of a SW wise friend (master of our game) it was introduced to me the Echani, which appereance is what I was looking for, then I moved him from Ord Mantell to Wayland (which characteristics are close to Earth - lack of imagination)

Picked name and background story, I gave my best on this first char on JEDI so I'd not have to restart with a new one. Fortunatelly, people liked and let me to improve and contribute more to JEDI as Aknaross Myotis.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

You are Portuguese? I am!!!
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

I'm Brazilian, but we speak portuguese here 8)

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Merton

Post by Merton »

Li Andru wrote:Well, I thought my name was made up but apparently not :p

Out of a strange coincidence, I was going for Li Andru to be a beautiful character with a passionate sense of character. I randomly thought up Li Andru, but the name actually means:

Li
Well Li Andru it does very much remind me about a Jedi Master hes name was Landru you just set a Li There =P

~Khray Desu