FX

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

FX

Post by Atrux Nuro »

This topic has sort of been brought up before but I rather like this idea. There's a couple FX's in the new galaxies mod coming out that I like.

Motion blur and a near Death indicator.

http://www.galaxiesmod.com/ -(The bottom video)

The near death indicator could be used as a sort of effect for getting tired in a spar or something, but I think it may be better if it was switched to the blur effect instead.

Also there's a force power I was reading about on wikia, something like 'Force blind' or whatever, pretty much had the effect of a flash bang grenade. It would be cool if that could be implemented into the mod somehow, maybe not as a force power, only played as a force power. (if that makes sense)

But now that I see that effects like these are possible, it kinda opens up for a whole list of things you could do with them. You could pretty much change the effect to whatever you like, I'd imagine. If I am way off on this topic, I apologize and feel free to delete.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Blur effect = anyone want some death sticks?
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Near Death Indicator: what, because people can't tell that they're about to fall over when their health is at 10%?
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Some people can't it seems. I thought it would be nice instead of the HP bar...Or wait....do you have a health percentage bar in real life Aslyn? If so, do you stop at 10%? Just curious. And if anyone here has ever been in A real fight and been really pissed off, when your in the fight long enough sometimes things get a little blurry and if you get punched in the ear enough times, you see red.
As 'vigorous' and 'extreme' as Jedi training is SUPPOSED to be, I thought it might work better as an indicator of sorts. And I was hoping people might post some sort of alternative or a way, this could better work. But so far the only posts I've gotten were nonconstructive, to say the least.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

Aslyn wrote:Near Death Indicator: what, because people can't tell that they're about to fall over when their health is at 10%?
well, take for instance Indilia, she would say not get as tierd as say Tel would while in saber combat, as she have trained, this is where people don't seam to add up.
(some people just)
I do train say Indilia Hard, against the will of her body, only to get good results.
etc.
but I wonder how we are going to fix this blur?
as most say...a newly initiated member only got 50/50/50( correct me if i'm wrong)
while say a Master like Shimi got over 200.
the Initiate gets blur:ALOT faster than shimi would.
thats all from me.
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

It's not changing the way in which combat or sparring is executed. It's just giving a neat graphical effect when you get low health.
What's the big problem?

I personally think it's kind of neat. When that happens in other games, I do tend to get more on edge and excited (and kind of reckless) as a player because you know one more hit means you're down.

I approve but I do also acknowledge it's a feature created by somebody else for an unreleased Mod.
Stealing is bad.
Unless it's already a game feature hidden amoungst the treasure trove of JKA Base Files.

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

If stealing is a problem when considering what to implement then the idea of 'force blind' wouldnt prove too much of a problem there. As the power was in Jedi Knight 1 it's not exactly an original idea in the Galaxies mod..

Personally prefer the idea of the blur effect but either sounds interesting.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

The near-death/blur stuff isn't needed IMO. I like the Force Blind idea, though ;)
Yon Vash
Lost One

Post by Yon Vash »

I agree with Gabe, the HUGE health bar should be enough.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Indilia Krayren wrote: well, take for instance Indilia, she would say not get as tierd as say Tel would while in saber combat, as she have trained, this is where people don't seam to add up.
(some people just)
I do train say Indilia Hard, against the will of her body, only to get good results.
etc.
but I wonder how we are going to fix this blur?
as most say...a newly initiated member only got 50/50/50( correct me if i'm wrong)
while say a Master like Shimi got over 200.
the Initiate gets blur:ALOT faster than shimi would.
thats all from me.
That's the idea. An initiate would get disorientated a lot faster than a Master would. But I'm talking have it come up when there's like 5 hp left. If you are fighting back, it takes awhile to get to that point, but if an initiate is fighting a Master it will go down pretty quick, which is pretty realistic. Initiates are not allowed to fight past shields anyway. And the part about 'training against the will of her body': When you do things against your bodies will, such as still be standing when you shouldn't :P, some nasty side-affects occur.

Here's another suggestion for RP use from an administrator. Say Gabe is training Moza, and Moza is experimenting with some new, maybe even dangerous technique, perhaps even energy consuming. They are training vigorously and by the end moza is panting and swaying, refusing to rest for now. Gabe could realistically use /empassout or something as an admin command and moza's screen will go blurry and he'll fall over.

That's just one scenario, I'm sure everyone gets what I mean.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Atrux wrote:Initiates are not allowed to fight past shields anyway
Just thought I'd point out that that's not true, to avoid any false notions being spread ;)
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:
Atrux wrote:Initiates are not allowed to fight past shields anyway
Just thought I'd point out that that's not true, to avoid any false notions being spread ;)
Most Knights & Masters choose to do that method but I wouldn't call it a rule, as for the blur effect I think the more cool effects and things added to the mod the better.
Sahio Xekma

Post by Sahio Xekma »

Blur would be a nice addition in terms of Immersion.

Take away the Force and Health bars, and include two Blurs effect : red/black one for health, and a white/blue one for Force.

When either is low, you have a 'blurry' vision to display your fatigue and/or injuries.

Blind is cool also