Your Characters Song

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Iverian Prey

Your Characters Song

Post by Iverian Prey »

Simple enough. If your character were to have a 'Theme' song, or a song that simply goes well with his personality, what would it be?

I understand that there are probably many songs we can identify to our characters, so I ask that instead of posting them all at once, put one up, and then wait a few days or even a few weeks before adding a new one.

:)

I'll start. A song I heard on the radio today that made me kind of think of Iverian's feelings at times. Not a theme song per say, but one that I just kind of liked for him.

Good Charlotte-I just wanna live

I need an alarm system in my house
So I know when people are creepin' about
These people are freakin' me out (these days)
It's getting hectic everywhere that I go
They won't leave me alone
There's things they all wanna know
I'm paranoid about the people I meet
Why are they talkin' to me
And why can't anyone see

I just wanna live
Don't really care about the things that they say
Don't really care about what happens to me
I just wanna live

Just wanna live (6x)

I rock a law suit when I'm goin' to court
A white suit when I'm getting divorced
A black suit at the funeral home
and my birthday suit when I'm home alone
talking on the phone
Got an interview with the Rolling Stone
They're sayin' "Now you're rich and now you're famous
fake ass girls all know your name and
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous,
Your first hit it, aren't you ashamed
Of the life, of the life, of the life We're livin"

I just wanna live
I just wanna live

Stop ~your~ messin' around boy
Better think of your future
Better make some good plans boy
Said every one of my teachers
Look out, you better play it safe
You never know what hard times will come your way
We say, where we're comin' from
We've already seen the worst that this life can bring

Now we expect it everywhere that we go
All the things that they say
Yeah we already know

I just wanna live

(Just wanna live [3x])

I just wanna live
(just wanna live [3x])
I just wanna live
(just wanna live [3x])
(just wanna live [3x])
I just wanna live
Ze'eal
Lost One

Post by Ze'eal »

I might make my own through Cubase sometime, but right now, due to the fact that I am extremely lazy, I'll just post a link to a song that I feel deals well with Ze in terms of her, I want to incorporate some more themes that blend well with this song, with her. however I've yet to be able to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUAhfyMf59s
Current age, 27
Birthday is .06

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Although Vantus has a very laid back attitude and lacks the serious edge that 98% of you have, it's a persona he's trapped in because... Well he was like that from day 1.

However, Vantus does hold a more cynical and detatched personality inside which comes about mostly when alone or amougst those he trusts. People like predictablility so it's easy for Vantus to keep to the same personality that everyone knows in the public eye.

Eventually Vantus will have a turning point where a descision he makes, leaves emotional scars which will change his views on certain things.

I believe the following song suits this change perfectly. The children's singing (at 2:35 onward) perhaps representing Vantus' inner child.

Sky Blue - Marr's Theme

As for day-to-day Vantus, it would need to be something mechanical/electronic/Cyberpunk/Björkish so i'm taking this Fantastic MegaMan Remix as an example:
Let there be Light
Last edited by Vantus on Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:11 am, edited 7 times in total.

Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Syrena: Slippage

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That first piece was pretty good there, Vantus. Very chilled :)
Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

Theme
ya indilias theme.
a bit sad mhm, but it is her.
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Indilia Von wrote:Theme
ya indilias theme.
a bit sad mhm, but it is her.
That song is called "Bells for her" and is by Tori Amos.

Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Black Water & Materia from FFVII - AC work great for Ctathos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EcNxFRE6A0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9xl3uiL8oU

Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Snow//Hey Oh, Dani California, or Californication by RHCP.

Snow
Dani California
Californication

Hopefully YouTube won't have removed the sound from these by the time you guys listen :P

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Arikakon Genkal wrote:Snow//Hey Oh, Dani California, or Californication by RHCP.

Snow
Dani California
Californication

Hopefully YouTube won't have removed the sound from these by the time you guys listen :P
Lol are you just picking some songs you like? What does Californication have in common with Arik?

Explaaaaain! :shock:

Dhiro

Post by Dhiro »

To those few of you who may know the song, The Clown by Charles Mingus is one I relate to Larkit.
Charles Mingus, The Clown on Last.fm

As for Dhiro, the song Immrama by Stellamara, is one I've found to fit rather nicely with how he saw the world, after he arrived at the temple. You can listen to the track, fully legally and for free, here:
Stellamara on Magnatune
Popular to contrary belief, the first time you read this, you won't notice any odd use of words.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Jared Listens to Sector Party which is the Coruscanti equivalent of English Band Bloc Party - of course this tendency to imply real world things by dressing it up in star wars trappings has been much maligned in other threads. Well tough.. I blew up Cloud City and I can jolly well pretend that an indie four piece was popular 12 years ago in our timeline!

Also, being a 'Master of Composition' and thus unable to resist inserting some odd stuff into this thread. I'm going to share several songs/pieces that are semi representative of certain events relating to my character.

"Rothko Chapel" - Morton Feldman (1971) perfectly encapsulates sadness, stillness, memory and transcendental aspects that suit his attitude when he returned to the order (after his 'wife' died). If you decide to listen to it, please wear headphones and turn the lights off.

Also along those lines - an acoustic performance of "Sunday" by Bloc Party (and therefore Sector Party) which expresses the joy found in sharing the less obviously romantic moments with someone. (i.e. being vastly hungover)

When he trains he's listening to this - "Helicopter". A little anecdote here, on the two occasions I've ever beaten Jamus in a spar I was listening to this.

Of course.. the topic asked for a theme song.. so I'm going with "The Wizard" by Black Sabbath. Wizard is Phoe's affectionate nickname for Jared. Can't think why...
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Alkur isn't spectacular enough to have a theme song.

Sorry for being ordinary...
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

Lucius....um...I'd say "We dont have to look back Now" by Puddle of Mud, because he's always looking forward to a new day...would mind leaving his past behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCpIRrefIFM
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Vantus wrote:
Arikakon Genkal wrote:Snow//Hey Oh, Dani California, or Californication by RHCP.

Snow
Dani California
Californication

Lol are you just picking some songs you like? What does Californication have in common with Arik?

Explaaaaain! :shock:
Oh, we have to have reasons? Um... Get rid of Californication and Dani California then :P

Snow... apparently it's about how the lead singer <3's heroin and coke, but wants to kick the habit... Let's go with a variation on that. :D Up to you guys to decide what that variation turns out to be for Arik lol

EDIT: Okay, so that interpretation was done by a preschooler and posted on some song facts site, here's the actual interpretation from Anthony Kiedis:
Anthony Kiedis wrote:"It's about the repeated failure to start your life anew and how difficult it can be to get rid of old ways of thinking, and destructive ideas we become so attached to."
Yeah. Make of that what you will =_,=

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck