Death Emotes

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Vantus
Lost One

Death Emotes

Post by Vantus »

This is similar to my suggestion on extra Sit animations.

Simply saying "more Animations" can be a bit vague seeing as there are HUNDREDS within JKA.

One set of animations I feel could benefit RP as usable Emotes are the death animations.
Sometimes typing /sleep or /knockmedown just doesn't suffice as Sleep is well... sleeping... and KnockMeDown makes your character look too awake as they are looking forward and leaning up.

Here are some examples of what I mean:

These can be used for more than "death" RP's of course!
Getting knocked out, sleeping awkwardly etc.

I also feel these will benefit those times where a person must RP death but does not want to do /kill and risk their corpse disappearing eventually. It also means they can get back up again if say they ARE knocked out or are simply feigning death.

Most of these animations have perfectly acceptable transitions to the laying position. Not all are massive spins. Some involve the character dropping to their knees and falling forward which looks great!

As always one can simply use the imagination and make do with what we have but I feel that this would be worth implementing as they currently exist within JKA and are ready for being added as a command.

~Vantus Fayden

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

As someone who has made many a little mission on the Galaxy Server over the years, it is sometimes a bit boring to constantly see someone who has been knocked out or died lying in that exact same position, peeking their head up slightly. Of course in some instances that position would be appropriate, but after awhile it does get rather dull and unrealistic. I support this fully.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

More emotesss!!

Here here!
Aldor Arkanous
Lost One

Post by Aldor Arkanous »

I support this.
Initiated: 267.20 ABY| RP Age: 13| Species: Nautolan| Mentor: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I think "death" animations would be more preferable to the "oh you knocked me over" animation of losing enough hit points. They add some variety.
/highjack

Anyways, perhaps some folks should make a list of animations/emotes that would be suitable for inclusion, so Soh knows what to get. Besides isn't he going to take care of adding more emotes in later versions?
Last edited by Alkur Tekeil on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

As Jamus mentioned above, dead emotes can be extremely useful during RP, mainly because death doesn't occur simply as 'running out of HP', but also pretending to die after being shot once.

This would be extremely useful both for common RP purposes (Sleeping, laying down) and Missions (Dead, injuried, unconscious emotes)

You can't choose what is right

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Definitelly supporting this. :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

I support this to the fullest.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

/support but like Alkur said they were supposed to be added in a later version.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Atrux Nuro wrote:/support but like Alkur said they were supposed to be added in a later version.
Ahhhhh, I wasn't aware that Soh confirmed additional Emotes would be added in future releases!
My bad on that one.

Still, like I said. Saying "add more emotes" can be terribly vague for poor Soh. Making suggestions or a list with examples would help i'm sure. I guess my biggest requests (personally of course) would be for the sitting and death emotes.

Any extras would just be a complete bonus. :)

Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

If only we were using the Source engine or something, we could make goofy looking smiles/frowns for our characters like the ones you can get in gmod, and then we could just use those instead of living in a sea of ::Smiles:: and ::frowns:: and ::nods::
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Raulos wrote:If only we were using the Source engine or something, we could make goofy looking smiles/frowns for our characters like the ones you can get in gmod, and then we could just use those instead of living in a sea of ::Smiles:: and ::frowns:: and ::nods::
Would be nice actualy.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I support this.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

/support
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

/supportsupportsupport

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron