Direct Connect to RPmod servers

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Direct Connect to RPmod servers

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Currently the RPmod requires a specially modified shortcut to be used in order to get the proper RPmod server experience.
I was thinking it might be more efficient if there was a peripheral program in the RPmod download package that consisted of a sort of server tracker, one which would identify all the RPmod servers, and allow for direct connection (a la Xfire). With this I think that any sort of mix-up and confusion with the shortcut and whatnot could be avoided, as well as streamlining connects.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Great idea. Instant joining! Far better than browsing through the menu and all that first.
Neush Litrosh

Post by Neush Litrosh »

It shouldn't be that hard thought... I mean, I have the servers on my favorites list and it takes me about 10 seconds in total to find the server and start connecting.
Neush Litrosh
Xfire = Acheria
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Yeah I was thinking that too. Just add it as a fave and you're sorted, or do the Xfire thing.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I've personally tried coding this over the years, and I've never found a solution that actually works. I'm honestly not sure if it's actually possible.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I think that if the auto-update exe idea I proposed in this thread is implemented, this could easily be included as a feature. I personally have no need for an "easier" way to connect, but I can very much understand that it can be a troublesome task, especially when rpmod isn't the only mod you play with.
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

That's easy :)
Make a shortcut and put this:
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jamp.exe" +set fs_game rpmod +connect 72.5.250.214:29072
That is for galaxy server, as an example. :)
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Thank you. I shall be using that now.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Geez. I've tried everything except that. Guess I was too dependent on wait; and sleep; commands. Good one, Ommar.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Yeah, the shortcut stuff is why I don't personally needs this haha. I'm actually amazed you didn't know to do that, Cor.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/G ... rtcuts.jpg
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

I'm amazed, too. Lol.
Chrundom

Post by Chrundom »

Lol that was rich