Force Push 5

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Force Push 5

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I forget if there was a topic about this...

Force Push 5 is awesome, but sometimes I'd rather just have a super heavy straight forward push than a 360. Is it possible at level 5 to somehow have an option to do one of them? Or have both available but only select one in powers at one time? Imagine being able to knockback push someone forward super strongly.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I totally support this. I love the 360 push, but I keep my template at push4 just to avoid always having to use the 360. If I ever want to use the 360, though, I have to stop and change my template before continuing on.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Master Alkorda, may I suggest using a separate .cfg file which could be set to your clothing specifics and settings etc before you engage in RP. Perhaps gabe.cfg gabe360.cfg or what ever works for you?
It may sound dumb but I think it would be a great quick switch option for those moments where there is just no time. It's a little work at the start of each game but only if your constantly changing clothing. Hope this helps.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Er, I'm just talking my force template. I'm pretty sure you can't edit your template from the console. If I'm wrong, please someone tell me how to do it haha
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

\SetForce_Throw 4?
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

[Short version]
Jedi academy with RP mod (maybe with base and other mods too.) allows save files like save game files to be created by typing /writeconfig <whatever>.cfg Selecting the settings you want including

Name (Tags in profile)
Binds
Settings (music volume)
Clothing (the configuration keeps what ever you are wearing noted and will make that appear to be what you are wearing once activating the .cfg)

One of the things saving a configuration does is it allows you to save your template settings.

EXAMPLE:: When I had my light saber taken away I wrote new configuration files to have no light saber activated. SO you can set two bind keys to activate said configuration files changing something as little as the settings on your force powers of rather or not you are wearing a hood.

You can create two separate configurations that are EXACTLY the same save one thing, one is saved to have only push 4 activated and the other is saved to have it set to push 5 which does the 360 push. The transfer between the two if binded would not even take a full second. Master Corinth is the man to talk to about this but I can help too. Although you may already know all this, that is what I was talking about.

Hope this helps Master Alkorda.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

There's a way to change your force template through a command line. To be honest, it's a rather long number and I am not sure it works with rpmod.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

The Force template is stored in the "forcepowers" Cvar, like in BaseJKA. With RPMod it always begins with "7-1-", followed by 18 numbers between 0 and 5 corresponding to Force power levels. Powers are NOT in the same order as in the menus. The string is carefully validated by RPMod, so there is no way to cheat.

You can't see this Cvar by typing "forcepowers" in the console, but you can do "/clientinfo" and it will be in the list. To set it, you need to do "/set forcepowers <value>", for example "/set forcepowers 7-1-443443342543334343"

So for now, you could have a .cfg for your template with Push 4, and another for your template with Push 5.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

What do you think about the suggestion though Soh?
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

Perhaps crouching when pushing could trigger the 360?

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:Perhaps crouching when pushing could trigger the 360?
I think that's a fantastic contribution right there.

Much like the backwards 180-slash changes based on whether you are standing or crouching.

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:Perhaps crouching when pushing could trigger the 360?
This would be a great solution, I think. If you're crouching, you're focusing more on the ability, and actually, before 360Push became an OFFICIAL ability, there was an unofficial way to activate it, which involved crouching. I'm all for this.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

/support!
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

I agree, /support.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

FYI: I manually figured out what the different values were assigned to in the force powers string found in /clientinfo a while ago. You can see the numbers placeholders in my class information image listings. I use this to switch between Jump 1 and 4, in order to roleplay that Corinth has absorbed enough force energy to let him leap out of a sticky situation.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|