Manual Blocking

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Anakso Hons

Manual Blocking

Post by Anakso Hons »

I know you guys may have the roleplay mod never really used it but i was thinking there is a mod called the serenity mod im one of the beta testers for the new mod and i was thinking when it comes out if you guys would like to use it for better gameplay enhanced meant you do not have to remove the roleplay mod for this mod, and it will be good for combat during roleplay so ppl can actually block on their own.

What do you guys think?

Note: btw i am anakso hons i am planning on joining the community for roleplay and i will let you guys know when it is out and if everyone agrees to use it you guys maybe the first community to actually use the mod
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I rather not have the saber system changed.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

I've seen other threads like this. I believe most of the community wanted to keep the automatic blocking. Might be the same today.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:I've seen other threads like this. I believe most of the community wanted to keep the automatic blocking. Might be the same today.
Yeah, we're avoiding changing the combat system, so your proposal isn't really an option, I'd say.
Neush Litrosh

Post by Neush Litrosh »

Its an interesting Idea. But I think it would just confuse the player even more during a spar or battle.
Not only are you concentrating on your jumps and where you land, whether your going to hit your opposite, ETC, ETC.
Adding a Manual blocking system to it would just make it more hectic in my eyes.
Neush Litrosh
Xfire = Acheria
Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

Lets not forget the fact that there are people able to speed their swings up to near instantaneous speeds, and lets not get into any knights that use Tavion style.
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I've always been in favor of a manual lightsaber combat system for RPMod. Being able to manually block would a a lot to the realism of it, and I would absolutely love to have a manual combat system while training my padawans. I can personally force the combat system to parry when I want to, and sort of block on command. It's tough to do, though.

However, I realize that this idea is always very unpopular each time that it is brought up, so I don't make a big fuss about it. It would just be nice to have, in my opinion.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:I've always been in favor of a manual lightsaber combat system for RPMod. Being able to manually block would a a lot to the realism of it, and I would absolutely love to have a manual combat system while training my padawans. I can personally force the combat system to parry when I want to, and sort of block on command. It's tough to do, though.

However, I realize that this idea is always very unpopular each time that it is brought up, so I don't make a big fuss about it. It would just be nice to have, in my opinion.
Completely agree.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I'm on the fence when it comes to these significant changes to the saber system. On the one hand, I think anything that offers us more control (particularly manual blocking) is both more realistic and, in my opinion, makes for a better experience overall. With the current BaseJKA system, I have a tendency to be all over the place when it comes to saber combat, as Johauna and Cyril can testify to! :P

However, changing the system would be unfair to those who are well versed in the current one and have invested a lot of time and effort into mastering it. Manual blocking would alter the feel of saber combat, which could make life difficult for those among us who are sensitive to the nuances of JKA saber combat. Any changes would require a lot of debate and practical testing.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Honestly, I'd fully support an addition, instead of a replacement. I don't want there to be a replacement for our combat system. I want there to be an addition.

If we could choose which combat system that we spar with, Base-JKA or manual, it would be very, very cool. Being able to switch between systems would bring a whole new experience to the question of whether you JKA or RP spar. I'm not sure if having two combat systems loaded into a mod is possible or not, but I try to not doubt things anymore. Perhaps you can't. Perhaps you can, by adding the manual combat system (or RP Combat - I like the ring of that) as an additional weapon type.

I'm just thinking out loud, really. If it would be possible to develop a RP Combat system that is an addition instead of a replacement, I would be thrilled.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Actually that's a good idea.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'm on the fence when it comes to these significant changes to the saber system. On the one hand, I think anything that offers us more control (particularly manual blocking) is both more realistic and, in my opinion, makes for a better experience overall. With the current BaseJKA system, I have a tendency to be all over the place when it comes to saber combat, as Johauna and Cyril can testify to! :P

However, changing the system would be unfair to those who are well versed in the current one and have invested a lot of time and effort into mastering it. Manual blocking would alter the feel of saber combat, which could make life difficult for those among us who are sensitive to the nuances of JKA saber combat. Any changes would require a lot of debate and practical testing.
This sums up my thoughts perfectly!
Neush Litrosh

Post by Neush Litrosh »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'm on the fence when it comes to these significant changes to the saber system. On the one hand, I think anything that offers us more control (particularly manual blocking) is both more realistic and, in my opinion, makes for a better experience overall. With the current BaseJKA system, I have a tendency to be all over the place when it comes to saber combat, as Johauna and Cyril can testify to! :P

Well I have an idea. Why not make it Optional? If that iss at all possible. So people who have put their time into the Automatic block, do not have to re-train. But new members can use the Manual blocking method.
Neush Litrosh
Xfire = Acheria
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Total deny.

It would be more realistic, but total deny.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Agreed. I'll wait it out for JK4 to see a whole new combat system.