Manual Blocking

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Yulia Cera
Lost One

Post by Yulia Cera »

hmm.. I'd prefer if the system stayed the same.. it looks like OJP and MBII put together :p
|Age_24|Race_Togruta|Homeworld_Shili|Height
_1.72m|Weight_51.3kg|Mentor_Gabe Alkorda(Deceased)_Dixo Xan(Active) | Initiated_268.13
Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

Lets not have RPMOD become mb2..
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I watched the video, and the impression I got was this mod turns saber combat into a slowed down 90's sword & sorcery movie. When they hold up their sword and the opponent hits it, but applied to both saber on saber and saber on gun. It was silly how the guy was holding his saber out and down, and managed to block the flechette launcher's shrapnel.

Overall, it was just too slowed down, but to be effective it must be, because video game players don't have the reflexes of a Jedi.

Not for me, and I don't think its for JEDI.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Scrap what I just said. I seriously need to stop scanning. Anyways, dislike OJP so yeah...
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:I watched the video, and the impression I got was this mod turns saber combat into a slowed down 90's sword & sorcery movie. When they hold up their sword and the opponent hits it, but applied to both saber on saber and saber on gun. It was silly how the guy was holding his saber out and down, and managed to block the flechette launcher's shrapnel.

Overall, it was just too slowed down, but to be effective it must be, because video game players don't have the reflexes of a Jedi.

Not for me, and I don't think its for JEDI.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Selan wrote:Lets not have RPMOD become mb2..
AMEN
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

First, obvious thought you may have, "OMG this is so old! do you check dates?" Well, I was looking if RPmod changed combat, and apparently it changes it very slightly. I was thinking about the feature of adding mblocking, if it wasn't added yet.

Second obvious thought you may have, "wasn't it clear?!? We don't want mblocking!" Well, I came up with a suggestion that may be cool for both sides.

Me? I personally love realism over not changing gameplay, just like master Corinth Alkorda thinks, but anyways...

This is what I suggest. We should add mblocking, but as a separate command. We don't remove saber throw, we don't change usual defense. But if you use the mblocking command, your defense becomes concentrated on the point you are blocking to. If you don't use the mblocking at all, you will still have defense working as usual.

But, wouldn't that add us another useless button? Well, RP-wise, having mblocking for classes and random lessons would be much more realistic (I'm still thinking of what master Alkorda wrote heheh).

If you are still skeptic and you don't want mblocking to concentrate your block to a specific spot, then it still can be done. Make a button that adds the mblocking animations, just the way they work in MBII, but make them not change any defensive propery at all, just the animations. :D

I prefer the mb2 saber gameplay over base one when it comes to realism, but seeing that you don't like it as me, I won't suggest it as I had it planned :lol:

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Well, JEDI also aims at making you a better base player and not just providing high quality Rp, but if manual blocking could be added as per-choice...Heck if we could get a proper system for Rp-Sparring and leave OOC duels in base format, I would not mind at all.

Since that's unlikely and too much of a bother creativity as well as patience will have to suffice. (Yes, again :P )
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

You know, a way in which it can be done more easily than rather creating a whole new option would be to use duels.

We could make sure RP spars are done in usual gameplay, with their combat changed. Set apart, we could use duels (the ones activated with challenge button) to work as base JKA. Therefore, when you want a base duel, you challenge your partner, and for RP spars, you simply play.

I'm sure some stats can be changed when in duel mode, but I'm not sure if the whole saber gameplay can, so who knows. :)

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

/does not support
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

Sasha Raven wrote:/does not support
Done.
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi