Fall damage

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

That is exactly why we are an RP clan. We don't rely on the mod to do it for us. Thats lazy. If you can't RP common sense, IE: Jumping off a 4 story ledge, then you probably don't belong here.

Stop trying to get the mod to hold your hand through everything.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Perhaps we can simply agree not to fall -- or if we do by accident, not to make a fuss about it. There are plenty of good ways to get RP injured, but falling off the roof is the oldest one in the book, do we need to use it?

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

I was using jumping off of the roof as an extreme example. I'm not suggesting anyone would actually do it (purposefully), but it illustrates my point comfortably. I don't really know any other places to fall off that can be accessed by hopefuls besides the arena, which can be RPed because it's sand.

Oh yeah! And the pit. But the pit is a whole different subject...

Again, I'd like to drop it. It wasn't that important of an idea anyway, just a thought...
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Thanks anyway. :) It was something worth thinking about, but I think it's too much work for what can be a RP workaround.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Logan

Post by Logan »

Well I showed up today and when I fell off of the roof (because someone locked me outside) I RPed being severely injured. I was taken to the medbay where I wrote for a good five minutes non stop about the droid repairing major fractures to the torso and both legs. Then I was kicked and told that I was dead.

So, you don't really need any kind of system. You can just keep rejecting new players until you have nobody left to play with but yourselves.
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

Logan wrote:Well I showed up today and when I fell off of the roof (because someone locked me outside) I RPed being severely injured. I was taken to the medbay where I wrote for a good five minutes non stop about the droid repairing major fractures to the torso and both legs. Then I was kicked and told that I was dead.

So, you don't really need any kind of system. You can just keep rejecting new players until you have nobody left to play with but yourselves.
Logan, I am sorry for the way you are feeling right now. Though I have not been put into the same situation you are in, I can understand what you are going through right now. From your moments of PMing me in private, you responded that you were hurt the way the situation was being handled. I can only say that the Master who conducted the act of kicking you has a clear reasoning as to why. However, I can only say that you *are* taking this a bit to far, Logan.

Now, please understand that I am not taking sides in this, but pointing out the irrational side that you are taking in. The examples that I present to you are that your character *is* just a day old, and you are new. So, before your post was made, you could have easily recreated a new character. Part of creating a character is, not only to build your character for Role Playing in JEDI, but to also learn the 'lay of the land', as it is said. There were many more ways you could have handled this. Such as... Go with the flow Master Aayla Vigil and Master Aslyn Denethorn Role Played with you. Obviously, they took time from their schedules to role play your character being hurt, so you could easily tell that they were willing to work with you, letting you know that you made a mistake in 'zet' jumping. Perhaps no one knew the door was locked. I was on, and did not see any message of you knocking or talking to a door like some children do. I could be wrong, though. If I am forgive me.

All I am saying is, the way you handled it could have been handled differently rather than going on a rage and posting your comment on the Forums. Perhaps, you can understand why this was done and the mistake you've chosen to do. You've made a mountain out of a rabbit hole, my friend.

*edit* Perhaps you should privately discuss this with a Master to better understand the faults and why we have Zero Tolerance for this kind of behavior. *re-edit-edit* Behavior, I mean jumping off a building. Lol.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Logan

Post by Logan »

Apparently it got old because a bunch of people did it to generate RP.

I did it because I pushed the automove button while trying to write a post. My character being injured was forced on me. But rather than argue I just went with it, even though it meant that I wouldn't be doing any RP for the rest of the night besides laying in the med bay. I put a lot of effort in to complying with what I assumed was a GM command to play an injury, only to find out that my character was killed because injury RP is frowned on.

There are a thousand RPable ways for that fall to not cause a serious injury. It's possible to climb down. There's RL training that allows you to fall from height without taking serious damage. So on.

A GM stated I was injured, so I played that way. What I'm angry about is being punished for following direction.

I started playing from scratch and slowly built the character through RP. I didn't have a real idea of what his backstory was going to be until just before I fell. Now my only option is to make up some lame, thin plot where a guy shows up claiming this amnesia victim stole his jacket. (That's where I ICly came up with the name.) That's my only option because that's the name I always use and it's important to me for reasons I don't need to mention here.

There was no conversation before I was kicked/killed. In fact, I thought the first one was a glitch because it happened right after I hit /emknockdown. I figured, oops, I somehow took damage to 0 and the server kicks you if that happens. So I came back and went back to RPing as I was directed, so I could put more time and effort in to trying to write a plausible recovery that was also summarily voided. Again, without anyone saying anything to me.

I'm not taking anything too far. I work 60 hours a week and I'm raising two children. So when I put four or five hours in to a character, that's a BIG deal. I don't have a lot of leisure time. Someone nullifying my time and essentially making it a waste just because they were annoyed, WITHOUT EVEN DISCUSSING IT WITH ME, fully justifies my response.
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

I'm sorry guys, but the fall today is really a subject I think we need to put to rest. There were obviously some miscomunications about what happened, and we're letting tempers get way out of control about it.

With the most respect, to the Jedi Council, your frustration is totally justified as we've had a lot of stupid people screwing around lately and the ledge is an issue that needed to be addressed.

To Logan, as someone who was there, I do think you did a great job role playing it, and I was actually pretty impressed by how in stride you took it. As little as my opinion may matter I do want to go on record with that. I do think you have a lot of potential to be a great member of our community. I have much more to say on this subject and what happened today, so please read the PM I sent you because I think there is a lot of important information in it that may diffuse this situation and help things run smoother.

With that, I take my leave from this issue entirely.
Logan

Post by Logan »

The conversation was moved to another thread and subsequently locked. I consider the issue resolved largely because of your PM, but also because of other PMs and what was said in the other thread.