Fall damage

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jhas Dawn

Fall damage

Post by Jhas Dawn »

I will not believe that this hasn't been suggested before, but it's so easy I think you could do it with rcon. Fall damage. When a hopeful falls off of the second floor garden in the temple, he will not be able to brush himself and get back up. Also, I hear 'oh my leg is broke' gags get really aggrivating. :wink:

Also as a second thought, maybe some sort of feature for health so that when it goes down you lose abilities. It would have to be disabled for saber because it would make saber fights suck, but make it so that when you're in melee you get crippled. Like, <30hp you can't run, <10hp you walk really slow. I know you can :: this, but I don't think it would be that hard to code in anyway, and it would help give people (mostly hopefuls) incentive to not jump off relatively high places (off the arena pillars, for example).
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Aldor Arkanous
Lost One

Post by Aldor Arkanous »

A point of rping realistically really comes into effect when unfortunate incidents happen to your player. If you have an injury, and you're sparring dont go all out or in some cases you might not even be able to spar. The fact that a system has to be implemented to prevent unrealistic rp seems like more work than needed.
Initiated: 267.20 ABY| RP Age: 13| Species: Nautolan| Mentor: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Trusted to RP responsibly. Regardless, fall damage should stay. Keeps you alert and forces people who decide to do silly things, to take notice. If they don't, well that'll be taken into account. It does come down to ::'s. Plus, your health regenerates anyways, and you don't really need it especially if you watch what you're doing.
Last edited by Zeak Dystiny on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Indilia Von
Lost One

Re: Fall damage

Post by Indilia Von »

Jhas Dawn wrote:I will not believe that this hasn't been suggested before, but it's so easy I think you could do it with rcon. Fall damage. When a hopeful falls off of the second floor garden in the temple, he will not be able to brush himself and get back up. Also, I hear 'oh my leg is broke' gags get really aggrivating. :wink:

Also as a second thought, maybe some sort of feature for health so that when it goes down you lose abilities. It would have to be disabled for saber because it would make saber fights suck, but make it so that when you're in melee you get crippled. Like, <30hp you can't run, <10hp you walk really slow. I know you can :: this, but I don't think it would be that hard to code in anyway, and it would help give people (mostly hopefuls) incentive to not jump off relatively high places (off the arena pillars, for example).
As for the Fall.
say for example Master Soh or Master Shimi jumps of the Garden floor, they will get injured(maybe?)

but then say a hopeful jumps of, the character is more or less dead, unless the hopeful can somehow levitate/fly to the ground safely.

the second feature, im not sure if it's possible or not.
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Anything that can be rp'd should be rp'd there is no need to add stuff that we can do without. A hopeful/JEDI should not jump off the balcony or any place too high or that would mean their char is dead/braindamaged.

Anyone can depend on a mod to do the job but few can rp stuff out. With regards to the second suggestion I repeat the answer to the first: RP the thing, It's pretty easier to do so.

It would suck if rpmod did all the rping for us, let us keep some space for rpers to actually rp.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

::JEDI:: being a clan of RP, I have to agree with Ametha. Though it's a neat idea, I think it should not change.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

If anything, 'Fall damage' would be neat to apply if you get pushed into objects...

For the rest, common sense & :: ::. But at least you're thinking for improvements :)

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Remember the allout assaults on the loist tank, when he pushed I hit the door and lost like 20 hp :shock: I guess fall damage is there.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Yes, everything can be done with ::, however using that logic there is absolutely no need for a mod, as you can RP anything. You can even RP that you're on Yavin while using the base JKA tatooine level, but I don't see anyone doing that (because it's nuts).

T'was just a thought, to make people's lives (or lack thereof :P) easier. Also, sometimes it's hard to judge. If I fall off of a pillar in the arena, for example, should that injure me? It's hard to judge what heights do what, especially when discerning between character ages. Falling off of the pillar might make your teeth clatter and hurt a little, but it could also break a leg. I don't know if this is just me, but there's a fine line between safe and 'my foot is parallel to my shoulder'

Now, I'll press it no more. Enough people said 'deal with it' so I'll leave it here. I'll just mention again in closing what people seemed to miss (although you might have just ignored it).
it's so easy I think you could do it with rcon
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Well you never really stated what you wanted done to fall damage with rcon. I assume you wanted it disabled? It shouldn't be. You want it altered? From my experience, you can't alter the scale of the damage you receive from falling through rcon or the config.

Half of what you're stating though, does require common sense, which most should have when they come here.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."

Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

When a hopeful falls off of the second floor garden in the temple, he will not be able to brush himself and get back up.
Okay.
Translation: Fall damage should be turned up for non-force-jump-users
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Jhas Dawn wrote:
When a hopeful falls off of the second floor garden in the temple, he will not be able to brush himself and get back up.
Okay.
Translation: Fall damage should be turned up for non-force-jump-users
What about people who athletic or can do that kind of stuff? Maybe not from 2 stories up, but you see what I'm at? Like I said, it's a interesting idea, but stamina and pain tolerance as well as physical toughness differs from character to character (also not to mention it can vary from species to species) and it's hard to put everyone in a general category.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Eh, I guess. That's a good point. But still just making it a little higher. I mean, jump off the roof and have 40 health left? Come on...
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Oh, I read that as a point that when one does, they can't get up. I thought that happened to be honest, but that clearly depends on the persons health before they fall off. Seriously though, the player should know better. They shouldn't be jumping off and they do, they should know they would be hurt.

Yeah, I don't believe that can be done with Rcon. However, if people are really desperate, a way to increase the damage from falling is by turning up the gravity. This affects everyone though, and damages will be more extreme. It'd be stupid for small falls as well.

Another solution I just thought of is this, possibly change the health Hopefuls/Guests have. Currently they've got more health and shield than Initiates I think. If you change that, they will definitely be 'knocked down' if they fall from a certain height. Sounds a bit better I guess.
Last edited by Zeak Dystiny on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

Jhas Dawn wrote:Eh, I guess. That's a good point. But still just making it a little higher. I mean, jump off the roof and have 40 health left? Come on...
If anyone that was under the age of 14 jumped off the roof, they'd either RP being dead or be injured in a life threatening injury. (I.E. Loss of a leg forever, spinal damage, severe back/leg aches the rest of his/her life)
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|