Entering Message

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Li Andru
Exiled

Entering Message

Post by Li Andru »

Just a weird thought. When entering into the game, you would always see '[Boba Fett] entered the game' Could it be changed to be shown as a message such as.... '[Boba Fett] has woken up' or '[Boba Fett]'s shuttle has landed' I know I am not describing what I am asking properly as to what I am suggesting, so I will try to word it.

I think of it rather uhm, a disturbance seeing 'Such-and-such entered the game'. Perhaps, write a script as to saying the location or action of the person of what they last did. I.E. went to sleep, left the Temple on a shuttle and are now arriving back on a shuttle, or walking through the gates, exiting a compound. That sort of thing.

I not only thing this would be suitable for RP, but less of a distraction to be calling it, as such, a game. It could add realism to the little essentials instead of always 'Entering game'. And, I realize that people could just do ::Opens his/her eyes::, ::Lands the shuttle::, ::Jumps over the wall::. But, it would be a double whammy when there is already a message saying that you've entered the game.

Make sense? Thoughts and opinions please.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

In my opinion, that is a GREAT idea. Good thinking, Li.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

Master Alkorda's string edits offer a nice alternative.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Hm, I'm assuming you put that kind of thing in one's RPMod folder?

Anywho, I might be nice to have more than one entering message like Li said.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

Jamus Kevari wrote:Master Alkorda's string edits offer a nice alternative.
Ow, he beat me to it. I downloaded these
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

If you would go into the PK3 and browse the folders. simply open the only .str file you see in notepad. from there you can pretty much edit it to anything you'd like. Just edit the "LANG_ENGLISH" part once you find the right one.

Right now, with the edit it says..

REFERENCE PLENTER
NOTES "Player entered the game"
LANG_ENGLISH "has entered the Temple grounds."

Just change the last line- to anything really.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

I usually RP my arrival, but yeah, this can add a little nicer touch, really. :)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I got that edited strings and made a change to it myself; as well as saying "Delmi has entered the Temple grounds" it will say "Delmi has been sensed" instead of "Delmi connected." If anyone wants that, I'll be happy to pass it along.