Kicking while having a saber.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Besides, I think there are probably some more important things to be added to the next version of RPMod anyways.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Besides, I think there are probably some more important things to be added to the next version of RPMod anyways.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Well, with regards to the fact that using melee with sabers requires alot of practice...I partly agree, but it does not require one to be master corinth to pull it off.

Also, lots of the moves "should" be hard to pull off but even some youglings tend to do them, alot. It all comes down to proper rp.

Yes, there are important things to add to rp mod, but this is a simple addition that should be added as a separate command, and I cant seem to find any rational reason behind your objections.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Well I still support it, as I made the last thread. I don't care about saber throw, but if you really need the most unrealistic Force power in the game, then keep it. I don't know how exactly, but I guarantee you it's possible, because it's done in MB2. However, the seperate command shouldn't be that hard I would think, I'd think it would be around the realm of applying the animation and damage/effects to a command, like /skick (saberkick), and have people manually bind it to a useful, empty key, like E, Q or Mouse5. Unless you're needlessly putting emotes/speech binds on the WASD side of the keyboard, you'll have empty keys.

Unrealistic, you say? How so, you may ask! Oh, never in Star Wars have I seen someone throw a Saber with perfect control over it, holding it at the same distance from themselves for an elongated amount of time while maintaining a constant rotation, and then pull it flawlessly back without any struggle at all. The only category it would fit into is Telekenetic Lightsaber Combat, and that's a whole other style! Even Yoda got his lightsaber back (entering the Jedi Temple episode 3, when he threw it into the Clone then jumped onto him and pulled it back out)! He only pulled it in the beginning of the ep2 fight because he was flourishing to show that he was still superior.

I think I've proven that kicking is much easier for less experienced people than JKA saber throwing. Yes, that paragraph had a purpose.
Last edited by Jhas Dawn on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Couldn't have said my thoughts better...
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Sounds like you've gone off topic. We aren't talking about if it's possible - in terms of JKA possibility and Star Wars possibility. Already had evidence that it is possible. Secondly, how do you know it's simple to add a new button for a new attack which doesn't affect saber throw? Might be difficult or time consuming, which is why it should be placed on the lesser priority list.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Alright, I'm pretty sure discussion can end. The suggestion has been proposed. Master Raun has stated over and over again that we shouldn't begin debating on whether or not its possible, if it's beneficial, if it's needed, that rather we should simply bring ideas to the table for RPMod. So, unless anyone has any further suggestions to add, I'd say we can stop going back and forth on this one.