VM_Create on UI Failed.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

VM_Create on UI Failed.

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Well, sudden problem I can't quite tell where it came from or what has caused it. Anyone else had this one before? it's saying that it failed to load these certain files but I was only on a few days before hand.

I'm guessing the best option would be to reinstall the RPmod so my next question is, should I remove all PK3s in the folder before doing so or is it okay to install the RPmod over it again, will they all remain? (Cause thats a lot of downloading)

--- ambient sound initialization ---
Sound memory manager started
Loading dll file ui.
Failed to load dll, looking for qvm.
Loading vm file vm/ui.qvm.
Failed.
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
VM_Create on UI failed

Thanks in advance.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Are you using Windows-Vista Sebastin? If so just Run as administor, and you should be fine.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. I've installed over Rpmod without redownloading the stuff multiple times and no problems occured. Still not convinced though, as I wasn't having that particular problem.

Good luck with fixing it. :)

//EDIT: Any time! :D
Last edited by Ametha Tasia on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

EDIT:

Well done kiddo :lol: it was the Account User Control from the windows security alerts, just turned it back off and it works again.

So there we have it!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Usually happens to me when I have kamino in my base folder and try to play SP. Have you added anything recently at all? Seems odd that it just pops up. It's a frequent problem though, tons have had it.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

This also happens if you try to run two instances of jka.