Black screen

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Black screen

Post by Dixo Xan »

I would like an addition to RPmod where administrators can turn screens black. This should also be an option for regular accounts to do on themselves. The only thing you should be able to see is text.

The uses of a toggable feature like this is numerous, I won't bother listing them.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

There already is one, Master Xan - if I recall rightly, it's an /rpeffect, one that we often use for missions. The screen blanks out for a selected player (or everyone, as you prefer) and then you can use /rpcentersay <player> <text> to generate the words you require.
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

I think he is referring to individual screen blackages.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Zekii Abrak
Lost One

Post by Zekii Abrak »

Isn't that hacking ? ( ==> noob )

"You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Initiated: 269.30 |Age:16 | Name:Zekii Abrak | Race:Mon Calamarian|

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Also possible, Li - /rpeffects can be applied to individual players, and as far as I'm aware, that one's no exception. And no, Zekii, it isn't - it's a function of the mod, just the same as giving you XP. Everyone has a player ID, and each one can be affected by particular changes generated by admins (i.e. Knights+).
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Re: Black screen

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Dixo Xan wrote:The uses of a toggable feature like this is numerous, I won't bother listing them.
List, please. I can't see how this would be useful, beyond blacking someone out for RP purposes.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

Thank-you for the heads-up, Aslyn. Although that is a half-way solution im sure I will use it. I want to have console/chat available for players to see. Using rpcentersay would be a hassle. If you are blindfolded you can still hear those around you, contra only the admin who writes to you with rpcenter. Its much easier to implement a black screen with chat than having the student turn his brightness down/aiming his cursor down, etc. This ability would obviously be most used for training purposes, when blindfolding a student, or using a variant of force blind. Im sure there are other fields of appliance for it that would be discovered with time and use.

If its very difficult to implement this with chat still visible, then of course, its not a big thing. But I for one would like to see this in a release to come.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Actually, chat remains visible while that's active - hence why /rpcentersay also works. And the console isn't blanked out, either.
Dixo Xan
Lost One

Post by Dixo Xan »

I love you, Aslyn. With this let my failure at rpmod mastery die in silence.