Higher Jump

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rash Loist
Lost One

Higher Jump

Post by Rash Loist »

The title saids it all people, I actually sat down and compared Jump's 3-5 and the difference is only a couple inches or feet at the most and it's sorta sad. I hate to bring up mb2 once again, but higher levels of jump in that game reach up to great heights. I'm asking if the jumps 4-5 could have a bigger difference.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

I see no problem with this. I don't have it, but I have noticed that there's not a huge difference between Jump 3-5. It'd be nice if you could at least make the second ledge with Jump 5.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

/Support. Only seems logical that a jump 5 would go quite a bit higher than a jump 3 :P

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

If you get jump 5 you should be able to NEARLY fly. If you can't reach the second ledge CHANGES MUST BE MADE! Though, jump 5 is not something every Joe should have
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Nor is it, Sasha. It becomes available for Sentinels at Level 22 and at 25 for Consulars. Guardians, however, have it available as of Level 13. Which, I admit, I've always found odd since it is surely an ability requiring more ability with the Force than mere physical capability.
Aeon Xarbon
Lost One

Post by Aeon Xarbon »

Aslyn you're just jealous that's all =). I'm kidding, it does make sense though but if you remember from Episode 1 where Obi-Wan was knocked off a platform by Maul. I would say it was at least 2 to 4 stories high and he had no problem jumping back up to aid Qui Gon, he was merely a Jedi Guardian too so, yeah.

\me supports Rash's suggestion.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Oh, I agree with the suggestion, although perhaps the disparity in Force energy usage for the technique should be increased per distance, rather than it being a set amount (a fairly small one at that), so that the distance/height jumped is dependent on the energy put into it (as it would be IC)?
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Aslyn wrote:Nor is it, Sasha. It becomes available for Sentinels at Level 22 and at 25 for Consulars. Guardians, however, have it available as of Level 13. Which, I admit, I've always found odd since it is surely an ability requiring more ability with the Force than mere physical capability.
Force Jump enhances physical ability, therefore it's rather logical that guardians are proficient at it. The way some people put Guardians is that all they are good at is swinging a glow-stick... which imo is not how true Guardian should be. They should be proficient with Force-related disciplines, which actually enhance their capability in direct combat.
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I see no need for an added restrictions on guardian force powers. They're restricted enough as far as I can see...
Might I also add: " One should distinguish between a guardian and a saberist." Atleast, that's what someone told me :P
Also, one does not gain sufficient xp to buy it at 15, otherwise he'd have to buy little to no force powers/saber-skills, hehe.
And yes, jump 5 should make us fly! Pwetty please!
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

I wholly disagree with the flying part. It's one thing to enhance a physical jump, but that level of Telekinetic skill is one even most Consulars would have difficulty with. Maybe boosting Jump 4 and 5 by 10-20% each is one thing, but that's an entirely different story.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

NO flying. As Aslyn said, just a boost to jumping height/distance for levels four and five and leave it at that. Again...NO flying.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

By flying I meant jumping really really high, not actually turning into a plane...that would be absurd! I should'ave made my self clearer, hehe.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I support this...with also maybe a slow down fall option.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

=Li=Andru=:: ::Adjusts flight speed down to a minimum, locking onto Ametha head:: Target locked. Maintaining visual distance.
=Simus=Cnydaria=:: Fire!
=Li=Andru=:: ::Flies past Ametha as a big ball of poodoo hits her on the back of the head. Hovers down ontop of the statue, perched::

:P

In all seriousness, love the idea!
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Aslyn wrote:Oh, I agree with the suggestion, although perhaps the disparity in Force energy usage for the technique should be increased per distance, rather than it being a set amount (a fairly small one at that), so that the distance/height jumped is dependent on the energy put into it (as it would be IC)?
I disagree Aslyn, for the only reason that Guardians can only have a max of 100 FP points in their pool. Per-level ups we get no more FP and lower level Guardians have low level FP pools, so.. requirement of drain on the FP shouldn't be increased because there hardly is any FP in the first place.