Force Enlightenment

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Li Andru
Exiled

Force Enlightenment

Post by Li Andru »

Was told by Sasha that there is an ability Force Enlightenment, which would help your Force. I am not exactly sure what she said about it, but!

The thought of an ability being added that would help minimize the use of your Force pool. The ability Heal regains your Hp, obviously. But I notice there is no self-using ability that would help your Force pool.

In a way, it could help when we begin to concentrate to an extreme that would allow us to minimize how much an ability would cost, instead of the full cost.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I like this, I like it alot! It'd be very helpful and realistic.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Good thinking, I like it.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

And where exactly would you draw the energy to generate that power from? We have Absorb, which uses someone else's Force powers to regenerate your own, as well as Force Meld, which serves a similar function. To use a Force power to recharge Force energy beyond that seems somewhat redundant - moreso since nobody has a regen rate that will cripple them, if they use their skills sensibly.

Moreover, we can't add powers beyond the original ones - at present, we're restricted (insofar as I'm aware) to modifying the original skills, leaving us with the 18 total we possess. Adding new ones is beyond us, for the moment.
Li Andru
Exiled

Post by Li Andru »

Draw the energy from the environment.

Absorb is a defensive tactic for force powers being used on you. The counter part is Protect.

It may or may not have the ability to recharge, persai. But more of a reduction of the amount a Force power would use.

Change the Force Meld into both Force Meld and Force Enlightenment. Rank 1 is the beginning, 2 is a harder concentration. 3 is the beginning of energizing others, 4 is stronger, and 5 is the rank 3 of both Enlightenment and Meld.
|Age - 12|Species - Female Togruta| Former Apprentice to Moza Ferorn|
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

It's in base JA and SPJA. As far as I know it's activated like a med pack would be by walking to it and hitting use. Then you glow with this bright white light and it has a duration time where your force regeneration is intense fast.
I can't see a way of working it out how it would be fair to use though. If you could separate it's affects and make different tiers, then maybe we could add this as a power. For emergency situations, being able to call on larger amounts of force would be realistic. Could be used for training purposes too.
Showing the younger students how to focus and tap deep into the flow of the force to learn their ability's.

EDIT:: I'm not into changing Meld at all. just wanted to throw that out there.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Yeah, could just spawn the item, /rpspawn enlight or w/e. Set up limitations connected to account and just bind it like a force power.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

http://bit.ly/5NNJPW

http://bit.ly/4XRKLM

The old version of Force enlightenment.
There is a Dark Side one too.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Enlightenment

There is little to no application of this "ability" for JKA other than the item pick-ups in generic MP, which sort of breaches the notions of setting reality we try to convey in JEDI.

I'd also like to note the only source on the Wookieepedia article for Force Enlightenment is for KOTOR2, which is notorious for game mechanic "Force abilities".