Additional Range for Sense 3+ (Without LOS)

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Arkallon
Lost One

Additional Range for Sense 3+ (Without LOS)

Post by Arkallon »

I took a look around and I didn't spot any prior posts on this exact subject, so I thought this might be interesting to note.

I was fiddling with Sense 2/3 to locate targets through walls and it seems to me like these two levels have the exact same range when they are used in this specific way.

I know that the primary function of sense beyond level 2 is to break higher levels of Mind Trick. I'm also aware that the range is already quite far for targets where the line of sight (LOS) is unbroken. Regardless of that, I would like to suggest a small range increase for sensing targets through a broken LOS (through walls/obstructions) for level 3 and for each of the following levels, unless such a thing is already in place for 4/5.
Let the blade of wisdom pierce through the veil of the obvious to reveal the unseen truth behind it.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Makes sense to me.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

For levels 4-5, there is already a range increase. In addition to that, names hover above the heads of those you can see. So when viewing through a wall, etc, you know exactly who it is.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Arkallon
Lost One

Post by Arkallon »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:For levels 4-5, there is already a range increase. In addition to that, names hover above the heads of those you can see. So when viewing through a wall, etc, you know exactly who it is.
I was aware of the nametag displaying at those levels, but I wasn't sure if a range increase was also included. Thanks for pointing that out.

In that case, level 4/5 might need a small adjustment to their ranges, in order to create a clear progression beyond level 3, if my suggestion ended up being implemented. Perhaps not, but it just depends on the numbers.
Let the blade of wisdom pierce through the veil of the obvious to reveal the unseen truth behind it.