Hugs!

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Hugs!

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

A small suggestion here-Can we get a hug emote inserted into the mod?

:oops:
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Drasli Khaar

Post by Drasli Khaar »

What would be the use of a hug emote? A friendly greeting perhaps? I think a possible 'Hello' could also suffice :D.
|age_12|height_1.42m|weight_45kg|race_human|
JEDI Skin Update 01-01-'10
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

There would be a lot of dead children if they just walked up and hugged Rash. It's just isn't needed in my opinion though I think more emotes are needed.. just not hugging.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Well, younglings can be affectionate, and it doesn't really seem like a good reason not to add it because it isn't terribly useful. It's a great rp emote, especially for younglings, who are generally more sensitive and emotional.
Drasli Khaar

Post by Drasli Khaar »

Yeah but people might get carried away with it. Especially younglings, they might disrupt two masters talking and just start hugging. It just seems like it might be too frivolous to add, but I do agree with you that younglings are affectionate, but they can show that in a different way, rather than hugging.
|age_12|height_1.42m|weight_45kg|race_human|
JEDI Skin Update 01-01-'10
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Gabe had talked about wanting access to all the animations, which would include all "emotes", via console commands.

I'm sure Soh has something in mind for later versions of the mod, in terms of adding more emotes, I'm sure hugging might be included.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

There are so many ways to disrupt someone when they are talking. In the strict rp environment that JEDI has, I doubt that would be as much of a problem as you think. Someone could taunt over and over a gain, or swing their saber, or sit there throwing punches at the air over and over, all of them more disruptive than the last, and all of them active features. Additionally, knowing the intricate system that JEDI presents, it's a quality function of rp for children and even some of the adults. Some things kids grow out of, such as being silly and acting immature, and they don't do it as adults. The same could be said for the emote. I hope I'm not making too big a deal out of it, I'm only presenting the argument that I see to what everyone's said so far...lol.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Rylin speaks wisely. As a general rule, no feature is bad in and of itself. The consequences of abuse of such features should be obvious in JEDI's roleplay environment and therefore should be of minimal concern.

The only area where this is not necessarily true is lightsaber combat, as it can be very difficult to keep the base system balanced and fair to everyone.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

Soh already said a while back that he's adding emotes on the final version or something.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Atrux Nuro wrote:Soh already said a while back that he's adding emotes on the final version or something.
More precisely, my plans for future versions are to make emotes configurable with a file on the server, so they could be extended without needing a new release of the mod.

As for the hug emote, it's a bit different because it involves 2 players. The hugger needs to be in front of the huggee and each must have a different animation. This is a new thing to integrate in the emote system just for one emote, so not really high priority stuff for me.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Responding due to previous experience with hug emotes. It is true that the use of the hug emote can be quickly overused, as I experienced on a JA+ server before. If there was any possibility in integrating the same thing into RPMod, I would suggest sending an e-mail to them to make the work easier if wanted. Further, the hug emote is a funny thing, but looks glitchy between models of different heights, as there is no animation that includes smaller models hugging bigger ones. The way we use ::Hugs him/her:: right now leaves enough for imagination itself in my opinion.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

::'s is all that is needed really.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Ehhh, I'd not be up for those too much... :P
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Crystala Inek

Post by Crystala Inek »

Its Intresting how we all thinks diffrent...
Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Well I think jump+use held item is fine for hugging taller people. While that trick is used for lulz outside of RP a lot (in other mods etc.), it can be quite useful IC. I had fun trying to glomp Yulia yesterday, for example... :P

The base hug emote is tacky and um... looks inappropriate. Also, like you said, the height difference is hard. I don't think the result is worth the work...
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |