Emote heads

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jhas Dawn

Emote heads

Post by Jhas Dawn »

This would be better if you could hold down a button to do this, but I think it would be easier for just emotes, mostly the ones like /emsit and such.

The idea is that in an emote, you can't turn around like you do currently. Especially with /emsit, this is completely unrealistic for someone turning around and physically impossible for certain emotes like /emliedown. It would be much better if moving the mouse moved the head, and it wasn't locked on in the annoying and pointless system that is used now. That way, if you're sitting down, you can look around without having to shove half your legs into the pillar you're sitting on, or put your back inside the table you're sitting at.
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

In my opinion, it seems really unnecessary. With strategy in placement of the emotes you can get what you need done. Also, I find myself using my imagination when it comes to role play. If I'm sitting a way that does not really make sense I adjust the best I can or role play my behind hurting so I shift around or something. Any way, let's see what the others think. because I think it would be a LOT of work for nothing.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

For the sake of realism, yes- would be good, although this is still jk3. it's old and we can only do so much. I don't think this is possible and if it is it would probably require a whole new set of animations being made which takes a lot of time.

I recall JA+ locked your model in the spot you were standing with one or two emotes, but then the head would only turn like it does when someone is close to you.

Unless it is a very easy thing to do I wouldn't bother trying.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Pretend you're sitting as you should...make up an rp thingie that fits with the scene...Heck, half the animations in Jka are unrealistic, but we always make-due with what we have. Plus, rping something is more fun.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Sasha echoed my thoughts exactly. Not really needed. I'd rather have something like the level of detail JKA allows increased or something, but I know that's impossible (I think) to do without the proper code.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Not needed in my opinion, but a nice idea.