More Actives NPCs

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

I know I sure wouldn't want anybody using my character without my permission. For anything. I suppose my specific example is a little anecdotal but it stands that I certainly wouldn't want some faux husk of an NPC wandering around with my name on it so that people could believe I was sitting somewhere pointlessly staring off into space for vast hours at a time.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Corinth Alkorda wrote:
Delmi wrote:Hm, perhaps NPC's of ::JEDI:: characters?
Nope. Lol.
And please! My ping already sucks... :?
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Raulos wrote:I know I sure wouldn't want anybody using my character without my permission. For anything. I suppose my specific example is a little anecdotal but it stands that I certainly wouldn't want some faux husk of an NPC wandering around with my name on it so that people could believe I was sitting somewhere pointlessly staring off into space for vast hours at a time.
Ok, this is getting pretty far from my original idea. I wanted soldier npc's to be able to go on patrol routes for the sake of training purposes when there are not enough members present to fill in all the necessary roles. For the purposes I have in mind it shouldn't massively effect ping because this would mainly be used when server presence is small, and I wouldn't dream of using this to falsely give the appearance of members being there when they are not. My idea is for generic soldiers/droids only.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Wouldn't work for aggro/stealth exercises - the droids would either respond regardless of whether they see the student or not, or they'd not respond at all. Purely decorative, as a result.
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Not to /necromance, but is there any kind of update on this? It's a great idea.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Avaeth

Post by Avaeth »

I've thought about this many times. And yes, it is possible indeed. I belive it's been done on lugormod or so.
Garik Kelzim

Post by Garik Kelzim »

Well that's something I didn't knew, I've been building on lugormod for a while now and I've never seen an npc patrolling
Name: Garik Kelzim| Species: Miraluka| Initiated: 276.24| Masters: Tomoran Serevarno
"Five naps a day keep A-48 away!"